Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wife hurt while pushing car

• 03-01-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

Couldnt start car yesterday due to flat battery.Wife slipped while tryin to push it and broke ankle.Can she claim off my car insurance?She says this is a "car accident" I say no as she was not in the car at the time.Anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

No, just no. The car can claim if she hit it as she fell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Couldnt start car yesterday due to flat battery.Wife slipped while tryin to push it and broke ankle.Can she claim off my car insurance?She says this is a "car accident" I say no as she was not in the car at the time.Anybody know?

I couldn't see how it would be. She wasn't inside the car, this is what VHI etc is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Gold-diggin money grabber!!:p

I genuinely doubt she can claim.. The car engine wasnt running and it didnt even have a driver!!

Its like trying to claim because you walked into a parked car haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Even if it were possible, would you want your car insurance going up as a result of a claim? Any money you get from the Insurance would be negated by loosing your no claims bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Trade her in and get a new one (not going to clarify if this is a wife or car)

• Advertisement

this is what is fundamentally wrong with society....... someone got hurt ..... now who can I claim money from * look left * .... * look right *.....

Tell the missus she fell - these things happen...she should be ok in a couple of weeks.

FFS - I'm surprised she hasn't been checking the road for cracks/potholes and claim she twisted her ankle in one of them - then she can put a claim against the council for not maintaining the roads. (please dont pass this information on to her)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Embarrassing

ION08 wrote: »
    Gold-diggin money grabber!!:p

I genuinely doubt she can claim.. The car engine wasnt running and it didnt even have a driver!!

Its like trying to claim because you walked into a parked car haha
    are you saying that to a blind person who gets injured by a parked car cant claim against the owner of a badly parked car.

(theres always an exception to the rule....just poke your wife's eyes out and then tell her she can sue....its a joke ...a joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

So she wants to claim off your insurance and then for you to pay for it anyway through higher premiums. Nice wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This thread is going downhill fast, so i'm going to close it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement