Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Escalators in Pearse?

• 03-01-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Was getting the dart on the Southbound platform this morning and noticed that there seems to be construction on new escalators. Whats the story with this? Where do they go to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A bit of advance work for the interconnecter? Could be they were using the station refurb to get work done relating to the future interconnecter station there,meaning they don't have to go and dig everything up again in a few years.

We don't normally do forward planning but you never know!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

lord lucan wrote: »
    We don't normally do forward planning but you never know!!;)

I think that there's also meant to be a new entrance into the station from Pearse Street being built. It could be for them. It's been a while since I was last at Pearse - any sign of them tackling the roof yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

There will be a new entrance to Pearse Station on Pearse St once that building adjacent to the station is finished. These escalators will serve that entrance. they have also used the opportunity to build the connection between the surface Pearse station and the interconnector, which will be located at the same place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Hungerford wrote: »
    I think that there's also meant to be a new entrance into the station from Pearse Street being built. It could be for them. It's been a while since I was last at Pearse - any sign of them tackling the roof yet?

Isn't there a preservation order on the roof in Pearse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Hamndegger wrote: »

doesn't stop the rain (and snow) coming in the bits that are less well preserved...

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

Hamndegger wrote: »

Yep but it's been seriously neglected by IE in recent years. What I was referring to was the possibility that they might clean it up and reglaze it.

Come to think of it, the entire building is meant to be preserved but is in a shocking state.

Advertisement