Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipoker disconnect

Options
  • 03-01-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    afaik a lot of people here play on ipoker, so I was hoping someone could help me out with this issue. Sometimes when I'm in the middle of a SNG, my net connection my drop temporarily, for 10 seconds or something. After a few seconds it's back up and running, I can go to any webpage etc. But the problem is, if I'm playing poker the client will log me out and won't let me log back in again. It gives a message saying I can't be logged in because I'm already logged in.

This goes on for about 5 minutes and destroys any SNG that I'm playing. I've tried turning the computer off and on again and even still it doesn't log me back on until after several attempts.

ty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

why do you play on ipoker? it is evil and must die.

Besides that if you play solely SNG's Stars is prob your best bet due to traffic and generally more games available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

What Internet connection do you have?
    Do you use torrents on the connection?
    What other programs do you have open while playing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

bubbleking has it spot on, iPoker must die. They are sitting somewhere in Israel deliberately dissconnecting you and dishing out beats and lol'ing at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

What Internet connection do you have?
    Do you use torrents on the connection?
    What other programs do you have open while playing?

I have a BT broadband connection. I can browse other sites no problem when trying to reconnect to ipoker and I'm not using torrents or any other connection intensive apps at all.

It just seems that once you accidentally disconnect from ipoker, it protects the account from multiple logins for a set duration and there's no way of reconnecting in that time.

Cianos wrote: »
    It just seems that once you accidentally disconnect from ipoker, it protects the account from multiple logins for a set duration and there's no way of reconnecting in that time.

Although my questions were aimed at finding out why the connection is dropping, the issue you are describing is actually skin specific. This issue of being unable to get back in due to being "already logged in" can be resolved by your skin and should not be happening. Im guessing you may be playing on a lesser known skin?

• Advertisement

Although my questions were aimed at finding out why the connection is dropping, the issue you are describing is actually skin specific. This issue of being unable to get back in due to being "already logged in" can be resolved by your skin and should not be happening. Im guessing you may be playing on a lesser known skin?

yep, I'm playing on Betfold. So is this a setting applied to all players on the skin or can they change it for individual players?

yep, I'm playing on Betfold. So is this a setting applied to all players on the skin or can they change it for individual players?

All players ... i dont think it is a setting more so a technical issue that can be resolved. Let them know about it and advise that other skins have resolved the problem. It used to happen with a lot of skins until they had it resolved by the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

Hey,
    afaik a lot of people here play on ipoker, so I was hoping someone could help me out with this issue. Sometimes when I'm in the middle of a SNG, my net connection my drop temporarily, for 10 seconds or something. After a few seconds it's back up and running, I can go to any webpage etc. But the problem is, if I'm playing poker the client will log me out and won't let me log back in again. It gives a message saying I can't be logged in because I'm already logged in.

This goes on for about 5 minutes and destroys any SNG that I'm playing. I've tried turning the computer off and on again and even still it doesn't log me back on until after several attempts.

ty

Yes, happens me all the time. But it happens on quite a number of skins in my experience. Certainly big name skins as well as smaller. Extremely tilting! Will shoot of a few emails on advise here. (ya goota be optimistic in the new year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Listen to White Knight.

Skin can contact the tech dept at playtech sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/betfold-poker-ipoker-doesnt-pay-players-affiliates-674164/

Edit : meant to mention. On a Virgin/ntl connection on all skins incl the large ones, as of a couple of weeks ago the software no longer noticed when my connection has dropped and I sat there playing away on other sites while the lonely ipoker tables just sit there doing nothing until I noticed and closed/restarted the client.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Playing on ipoker using PPP skin an don't have this problem. I know this doesn't help you in any way except to show you that the problem can be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭whatever73

BKtje wrote: »
    Playing on ipoker using PPP skin an don't have this problem. I know this doesn't help you in any way except to show you that the problem can be resolved.

Playing PPP as well and when I get dissconnected it says there was an error connecting to the server and lets me log back in more or less straight away. When I am playing on Boyles though I have the same problem as the original poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/betfold-poker-ipoker-doesnt-pay-players-affiliates-674164/

:eek:

Samba wrote: »
    :eek:

Yeah I know :(

I haven't attempted a cash out yet, I'm afraid that if I do it'll be weeks before I can use my roll. But thread updates indicate that at least some people are receiving their cash outs.

Advertisement