Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy aramat?

Options
  • 03-01-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

One of my room mates use to use this stuff on chicken back in college. Was lovely. But I cant seem to find it in any of the tescos or dunnes stores ive been to.

Does anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Aromat is what you're looking for ... it's made by Knorr AFAIR, and is mainly a central European thing .. Germany, Switzerland, Austria mainly. It's possible it might be used further east than that, so you might try some of the Polish shops, or maybe the Polish section of the bigger supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

You can buy it in most tescos (available on their online shopping site) -

Knorr Aromatic Savoury Seasoning 90g

My friend loves it on toasted cheese sandwiches, I believe it tastes so good because its key ingredient is MSG!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

You will get it in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I checked the tesco in baggot street and the tesco on talbot street dont have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

They sell it in the Asia Market on Drury St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

They sell it everywhere...even in local shops.

I use it instead of salt on my roast dinners and I swear I can't eat my dinner without it. MSG all over the shop but i love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I checked the tesco in baggot street and the tesco on talbot street dont have it
    Did you ask? always ask a middle aged female worker, I find they always know where everything is, young lads/girls are useless. It is with the spices in my local tesco.

Mainly MSG so you could always get pure MSG in the asian shops which is far cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Eastern European shops sell a version of it in a Blue bag called Vegeta.
    Basically MSG with some added herbs and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's lovely on chips...mmm.!! You should also try the knorr meat seasoning - the red one - so yummy:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

leahyl wrote: »
    It's lovely on chips...

This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

its lovely on fishfingers,in egg sandwiches and on cheese!!
    i get it in dunnes.near the salt:)

Advertisement