Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland pentitions against international bank pay-out

Options
  • 03-01-2010 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8438178.stm

This is a pretty interesting story, there has been a mass petition signed against a 4 billion euro payout for international customers of an Iceland bank that collapsed. Other news outlets seem to have hinted at it being a move to foster eu relations so they could join. Is Iceland keen to join after the collapse ? Would it be any benefit to them to join now anyway ? I cant say I blame the Icelanders, sending 4 billion abroad when the country is in dire straights doesnt seem like a great idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Jesus 12K per citizen, that'd certainly be enough to have me chuck a petrol bomb at an embassy or take part in some sort of massive workers strike. Could be madness over this

Advertisement