Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs v pool

Options
  • 03-01-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

in an internet cafe in barbados writing this . just said id get that in there to make ye all jealous!!

saw the game against west ham, a good win and another good win against peterborough. the pool are missing macherano so i think we can win there. does anyone else think we can get the 3 points.

the pool are still playing very poor, if palacious stays all over gerrard and king can marshall torres then we can win!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

mickman wrote: »
    in an internet cafe in barbados writing this . just said id get that in there to make ye all jealous!!

thats all I saw !!!

enjoy yer holiday man..... forget about the game...have a few drinks....do some sight-seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

cant forget about the spurs man. they love the english league here so its on eveywhere thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Im hoping the two croats can have a field day with johnson out and insua a bit slow we should offer a lot going forward come on you SPURS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Would love to win this one and I think we can do it.If we're serious about 4th place this is the type of game we should be winning,Pool are not great at the moment and we have a good chance of beating them.

If we play modric and kranjcar on the wings they won't know what to expect and doubling up on them will be very tough because they end up everywhere on the pitch we need to win this to be serious top 4 contenders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Haven't been looking forward to a game this much in along time. Im flying out with 2 Liverpool supporting mates on sat morning until monday evening. I have my ticket for our section so I cant wait. Its my first game since early season due to several reasons I wont bore you with.

I would personally take a draw now if you offered it to me. Im not being negative, I just think a point would be decent. In saying that, if Lennon is fit, I fancy us to beat them, thats how important I think he is to us.

Either way, im gonna have a good one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

this game is the big one, a win here could be the makings of the season massive massive game.1-0 away win:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Looks Like Defoe and Lennon are gonna be out. But so are Mascherano and Johnson.

I reckon we'll line out:

Gomes
    Charlie, Dawson, King, Bale
    Kranjar, Hudd, Palacios, Modric
    Crouch, Keane

Spurs to win 2-1

Looks Like Defoe and Lennon are gonna be out. But so are Mascherano and Johnson.

I reckon we'll line out:

Gomes
    Crouch, Keane

Spurs to win 2-1
    Why is defoe out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I reckon we'll line out:

Gomes
    Crouch, Keane

Spurs to win 2-1

think defoe injury not as bad as first feared.. hopefully he fit for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Shame about Lennon (assuming he's out) but in fairness, having the two Croatians means we have some great options and Modric might thrive on the right. The only thing we'll be missing is pace though we'll replace that with guile. As Curraghyid said, a win here and we'll really mean business.

Having said that, I'd take a draw as it would keep them 4 points behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

SuprSi wrote: »
    Shame about Lennon (assuming he's out) but in fairness, having the two Croatians means we have some great options and Modric might thrive on the right. The only thing we'll be missing is pace though we'll replace that with guile. As Curraghyid said, a win here and we'll really mean business.

Having said that, I'd take a draw as it would keep them 4 points behind us.

Have to say never felt as ok with Lennon missing a game as now with the two Croats there. Kran is in great form and with that shot has potential to score from anywhere. spot on about the pace and agree the guile of the two lads will make up for it.

As for result - for me wont be happy unless we beat them - dont want much do I. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Hopefully Lennon won't be out for too long - real blow that.

I think we can go to Anfield with confidence, even so its obviously still a v.hard game. Difficult to predict a win, but if we did do it would be a great start to 2010!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Hopefully Lennon won't be out for too long - real blow that.

I think we can go to Anfield with confidence, even so its obviously still a v.hard game. Difficult to predict a win, but if we did do it would be a great start to 2010!
    God very early to be putting thread up. But enjoy the sun anyway mickman

Bloody weather better improve, I'll do my nut if I dont get out on Sat. Any one else going over ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

I'd love to get a win but it will be tough. I think the scousers will still nick 4th place. Hope I'm wrong.....

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Bloody weather better improve, I'll do my nut if I dont get out on Sat. Any one else going over ?
    Know someone who was going to go over to Liverpool Arsenal game which was postponed last season and then moved to a mid week game. Hope it goes ahead. Should be a terrific game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I know it's only early in the week but the weather looks diabolical on Sunday.
    Hope they've got it wrong and the game goes ahead as normal.

The "big freeze" is such a cnut on so many levels !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

very tough game to call.win it and we 7 points clear,lose and as bad as they have been all season they will be only 1 point behind us.everyone knows how to play against liverpool,keep torres and gerrard quiet and u have a good chance of winning.villa did this last week for 91 mins and we all know what happened next...
    i think theres an air of quiet confidance about spurs this season.we're playing well,recently keeping clean sheets and have goal scoring threats all over the park.sooner or later we have to break the hex and beat one of the "top 4" away.we won't get a better chance than this sunday.
    i'll go for 2-0 win for us.

The "big freeze" is such a cnut on so many levels !!

Indeed it is, fingers crossed anyway...

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Indeed it is, fingers crossed anyway...
    btw this is weather forecast for England for anyone thinking of travelling over.
    http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?p=2830268#post2830268

Match has been called off due to conditions surrounding anfield
    Still waiting on confirmation of this but Liverpool have asked for it to be postponed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Match has been called off due to conditions surrounding anfield
    Still waiting on confirmation of this but Liverpool have asked for it to be postponed
    Looks like it could be off then. Maybe have Lennon back for the re-scheduled game. Still, would rather play it now while we are on much better form than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

That's a shame. it would've been a good time to play them. Probably a lot of the games this weekend. Fulham V Pompey and Burnley V Stoke are off also.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement