Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leak in house, insurance???

• 03-01-2010 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Here is the situation.

I built my house by direct labout in 2006/2007. I moved in last March and have been living in the house for 9 months at this stage.

2 weeks ago I noticed rising damp over some of the skirting boards. I got the plumber out and it looks like we may have a leak in the Domestic Hot Water system (Pressure dropping slightly over 24 hours). I had an 'expert' come out with oner of those sound amplification devices and he had absolutly no idea where the leak was.

Anyway it looks like we may need to take up one or two floors. Now here is my question.... Should my house insurance be used to cover the damages or should be plumbers insurance be used in this situation???

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You need to speak to your solicitor on this one as apportioning blame is a legal issue, I am locking this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement