Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Irish Language Resources!

Options
  • 03-01-2010 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

What is GaelNet?

GaelNet is an online Irish Language Resource site which provides learning resources, materials, services and much more for Irish Speakers, Teachers, Learners and anyone who loves the Language. I have been learning Irish for many years and I also have a multimedia background. I love speaking Irish and I want to help to promote Irish and develop interactive resources to help more people learn and promote Irish. I now teach Irish and I thought that there should be more available for students and teachers so I decided to create a site that would cater for their needs. Better still I have made most of the site content free as part of my aim to promote and encourage learning. I am writing this section in English so that everyone may understand what a valuable resource the site is.

What does GaelNet provide?
    GaelNet is more than just a website. It has taken me a long time to ensure that all of the services that you can enjoy were added to the site. It acts as a portal allowing you easy access to the many services that the site provides.

Interactive links directory
    Free* Learning and Teaching Resources
    An Online Resource Library
    Podcasts / RSS
    Free* Community Toolbar with an interactive Radio, RSS , Links Directory, Gadgets and more
    A growing social community section. You can upload videos, chat to people and now you can connect to Facebook and publish content to Facebook from the site!
    The site even has a chat bar which is similar to Facebook so you can see who is logged in and chat to them.

I have recently added a downloads section which has quite a large resource library on it for Teachers. You can download resources which other teachers have submitted.

GaelNet brings you the best in Multimedia and Web Resources to help you learn and develop your Irish in a fun and interactive way by listing Resources and sites in our unique Directory and easily searchable categories. The site has a simple design and sleek layout to make browsing and searching an enjoyable experience.

As part of my aim to promote Irish anyone who visits the Links Directory Site can sign up for Free* Basic Membership This means that if you are a Student or Teacher you can access great services 24/ when you need them.

Who says that Irish speakers shouldn't have the latest technologies. I decided that Irish Speakers should have access to an online toolbar so they can stay in touch and have access to great features. Better still I have made sure that it is free!

To stay in touch you can download the free Community Toolbar. It has RSS feeds and links saved to all the major Irish Language sites meaning you’ll never have to worry again about typing addresses into your browser or falling behind on the latest stories. You can listen to GaelNet Community Podcasts and get our updates straight away as soon as they happen!
    The Radio has Raidió na Gaeltachta, Raidió Rí-Rá and other stations built in so you can listen to the charts or brush up on your listening skills any time.
    Better still the Toolbar lets you add your own gadgets from a huge library which means you can customize your Toolbar’s appearance to the way that you want any time 24/7!
    Many services are still being developed but there are many more exciting features planned for the future so make sure to keep visiting the site to stay up-to-date.

I have been working on this for a long time now, mainly for my students but I want everyone who is learning Irish to enjoy it and to have access to useful interactive content.

Visit the main site for access to all of GaelNet’s services and help me to promote Irish to all!! As the proverb says, "Ní neart go cur le chéile!"

Beir bua,

Eamonn.

Toolbar: http://gaelnet.toolbar.fm

GaelNet, “Do threoir ar líne!”

Advertisement