Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McSwiggans Meat. Where do they source it.

Options
  • 03-01-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I really love the McSwiggans spare ribs starter and their cajun fillet steak. Trouble is when I go to buy best ribs in the butcher they usually have no meat on them and don't even compare. Also the sauce they use for the ribs is devine. Want to find out what that is to. Anyone and idea :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Always worth a try to go and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Would you not just ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Thanks for all the help guys but I just thought of a brilliant idea. I will just ask them.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Probably quickest that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Collerans of Mainguard St provide meat for a lot of locally owned restaurants around town. They have a lot of vans on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, the bottom line is that the premium cuts go to the restaurants and hotels, as that's what keeps their custom with the butchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fatleomessi

With regard to all the premium cuts going to restaurants who are their best customers.. thats a load of nonsense..what do you mean? The best cuts of meat or the best of each particular cut? Either way, having insider knowledge of the business, I'm pretty sure you're wrong.. It's random distribution... just the same old cuts you'll get at any good butchers, just handled with a little more knowledge, care and affection.

Advertisement