Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nietzsomethingorother

• 03-01-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

Been meaning to do one of these for the past few weeks....

Target: Attempt some racing, loose horribly to Tom.
    Complete marmotte, avoid broom wagon...

Challanges: I'm a lazy mofo

Work 2 date:

Last outdoor cycle before today : Nov 14th
    prior to that minimum 1/week of 40km cycle usually ~200-300km/week

Since then 4 weeks of 4 days/week in gym with 1hr 15mins cardio(10min cross trainer 1hour of AMT, varying between interval training and HI training mostly) + 1.5hrs of weights.

Xmas was 1.5 weeks of every second day weights, no cardio(cold outside/lazy/no gym near by)... unless you count the wii

Issues with current training so far, little on a bike other than a few 1hr turbo sessions i hated, my arms have lost their punyness again..negative euroness.Cardio is pants after xmas...

Positive, from todays little spin out to/over howth power in legs seems to be pretty decent, only 3mins slower on climb compared to non-icey peak fitness late july climb.

Plan:
    Until end of jan mostly focusing on gym work with cardio in gym as before. though better controlled cardio as suffered from some over-training before xmas.(have snowboarding for last week or so of jan so need to ensure in good state for that).

If weather looks sensible try get to wicklow 1/2 of the weekends i have left and just do stocking lane a few times.

Feb...pick one of the many of cycling training plans around and follow it..

What will likely be here: training plan fad of the week? bitching about gym? quite probably...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Have you signed up for the Marmotte yet? Flights? Accommodation? Joined a club?

Would you be tempted to do the "Grande Trophé"? Just in case the big M seems too easy, you can do three other ball breakers in the same week as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Nope,nope,nope and nope I've been waiting for someone else , guess need to get the finger out though... You?

You temped by the other one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Flights booked and tropée signed-up-to.

Accommodation and stuff still to be sorted. Here's is the list of events you should sign up for. Bloody terrifying really.

niceonetom wrote: »
    Flights booked and tropée signed-up-to.

Accommodation and stuff still to be sorted. Here's is the list of events you should sign up for. Bloody terrifying really.

ah good call thanks, was very busy in work around then, never saw the thread :s

Since i was told by a mod i should be updating this more like a twitter...

This week:

Monday: Leg+Back+Chest weights + 30mins of interval training on AMT
    Tuesday: Arm+Shoulder weights + 60mins of 160 - 170bpm on AMT
    Wednesday: 60mins of 160 - 170bpm on AMT
    Thursday: Leg+Back weights + 30mins of interval training on AMT
    Friday: Arm+Shoulder weights + pull ups + chin ups + 60mins of 160 - 170bpm on AMT

• Advertisement

This week: (Rivetingly different than last week...)

Monday: Leg+Back+Chest weights + 30mins of interval training on AMT
    Tuesday: Arm+Shoulder weights + 60mins of 160 - 170bpm on AMT ~750kcal
    Wednesday: Rest..
    Thursday: Leg+Back+Chest weights + 30mins of interval training on AMT
    Friday: Arm+Shoulder weights + 60mins of 160 - 170bpm on AMT ~800kcal

Last week... Snowboarding, drinking....

This week... Recovering? Gym now for some cardio, still too many issues with body for some interval training though...

They don't include the knee recovery time after jumps on a snowboard in any cycling training plan i've seen... :s

This week 2x @ arms/chest + 2x @ legs/back + 2x interval training + 1x 1hr @ 165bpm

Cycling 145km on sat --> http://url.ie/5104

last weekend was ~60km cycle each day, horrible snow on sun

This week 1x gym with arm/leg weights

1hr turbo on wed

2hrs in park doing laps on thurs ~50km

race today -> ~100km for the day

tomorrow probably orwell group spin, need to get into structured plan again

Today was medium group spin, 116km in the end, mostly fairly relaxed with a decent pace back along the N81, an hour with avg speed 32.54, giving an average HR of 166, fairly within my endurance range which was nice.

• Advertisement

finally did something this week
    10 laps of park, 100km, avg HR 172, 29km/hr speed
    Happy enough sport tracks has all the laps fairly stable at the same speed and avg hr roughly
    106709.png
    106710.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Where do you do your laps exactly? Is it the outer perimeter?

http://connect.garmin.com/player/26009933

that should play back seeing the sort of loops i was doing?

Damn, I want a Garmin!

lukester wrote: »
    Damn, I want a Garmin!

you can borrow that one to try out logging some training sessions if you like once my 705 comes back from garmin

you can borrow that one to try out logging some training sessions if you like once my 705 comes back from garmin

Exceedingly generous offer, might take you up on that.

What Garmin is that you are using in the meantime?

its a forerunner 405, strap it to the handle bars, works fairly well for training sessions(8hr batt life for training) but not for anything longer. Screen tends to be kinda small too compared with the edge series(well i guess its a watch).

its a forerunner 405, strap it to the handle bars, works fairly well for training sessions(8hr batt life for training) but not for anything longer. Screen tends to be kinda small too compared with the edge series(well i guess its a watch).

Ah ok. Would be cool to try it out. Have resisted the 705 thus far, hoping the next generation irons out some of the niggles I've seen reported.

well that was surprisngly fine, 104km for the morning with a 55km race in it
    Course with map points
    We were caught by the A3's at the end of lap 2 on the map(hence first lap of course is lap's 2 and 3)...
    106898.png

Speed/HR data to match course points above
    106899.png
    With 5km laps marked
    106900.png

Advertisement