Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pressure gone again

Options
  • 03-01-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Water pressure just dropped off in our house in Ballintemple this morning. Still no sign of it returning, have a dribble from the cold mains in the kitchen, but not enough pressure to get into the upstairs tanks. So yay, more hassles cooking, cleaning, washing, and clearing airlocks.

Anyone else in trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Just spoke to someone on the emergency line, there's a huge loss of pressure in the Ballintemple/Boreenmana area, and they can't find the fault. They're going to start digging up roads tomorrow to try and find the cause, but until then people in the area will start loosing pressure as the night goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Have had the same issues over the last few days in the Ballinlough area, rang the council this morning and they are going checking it out. Looks like our water system fails us again, back to not having the shower again! I long for the day when I have my own well, and solar panels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

The water system in this city needs a huge overhaul. It may be expensive to do but dear god it needs it. In 6th year for chemistry we made a visit up to the water treatment plant by the dam. The guy giving the tour told us that on average only 50% of the water treated actualy makes it to a tap or building and that the rest is simply lost to leaks.

WTF. Seriously. Yesterday they tell me there's a pipe broken. Today, there never was a pipe broken. Its the pipes going into our house that have frozen, and we have to wait for them to thaw. In the mean time, our mains tap in the kitchen would stuggle in a pissing competition with a leaky 87 year old man.

Altogether now. Mo-rons. Pick a f*cking story, and stick with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 allaction22

I'm on Gardiners Hill, no water for 2 days now. I presume frozen pipes are the culprit and we just have to wait for a thaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭spider77

I'm in Ballinlough and had that issue with taps yesterday. Chuck some parazone or sink unblocker down it or hot water if you have some to heat. After I did this, sheets of glass started to emerge from the outside pipe. You probably have ice in chute blocking it like we did. Its fine since.

Sink unblocker won't do anything for me. It's not the waste water system that's a problem, it's the supply.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Water supply happy in its nappy in my part of Ballintemple. Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

I got the whole frozen pipe routine as well, but the strange think is that in the middle of the night the water pressure picks up again when it it at its coldest outside, so cant think how it could be our pipes that are frozen, there must be some burst mains somewhere out there.

Basically it is a case of what do you want us to do about it, there is nothing we can do, just about sums up the whole council/government attitude. I would have thought that is why we pay taxes so that they will spend the money to fix our water supply, oh wait the taxes are to pay for bankers!

Advertisement