Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pothole on Monivea road

Options
  • 03-01-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to post up a quick warning to those of you who will be driving on the Monivea to Galway road after the xmas break tomorrow.

The area just past Cussaun cross on the galway side has a massive pothole again. The same place that wrecked a lot of cars the last time so drive carefully!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ollielaroo

I go that road every morning to work and could see how bad the situation was the last time there thanks for the warning.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

That last CRATER was opposite Dolmen Farm enterprise just about 1/4mile from the cross roads. Thanks for the warning.
    I hit the last one at 50kmph damaging a farily new tyre beyond use and dented the rim. It was fecking HUGE.
    I sent a letter to the council for compo for repairs. "Awaiting engineers report......" they will be in touch they say. I counted 17 cars pulled in within 1/2 mile with flats/busted wheels. I was lucky to have air in the tyre and keep driving. I rang the Garda station the last time, by the sounds of radio reports someone hit the crater at a higher speed and rolled over before the Guards could attend the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

That's bad for people going back to work tomorrow. They will be going slow because of ice anyway. :eek: The council wont fix it that crater in a hurry. Sure they done great job gritting the road in the last few days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

That's what I thought that some people would get caught out heading back to work tomorrow

Advertisement