Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse - unsatisfactory service

Options
  • 03-01-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Went into Carphone Warehouse yesterday as the phone i wanted was sold out in Vodafone shop, it will be my first & last time ever in the Carphone Warehouse, I found the assistant manager so rude, <snip> & absolutely useless. She couldnt simply take sim card outta my phone & put in my new one (as she had requested to do) without loosing all my contacts therefore had to go back into old phone. all in all i found their service to be less than satisfying and i wont be goin in there again. just a heads up for anyone goin in there. im not sayin dont go in , but just be wary if you do. thats my little rant for today. anyone else had a similar experience in there????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

MOTHER HEN wrote: »
    Went into Carphone Warehouse yesterday as the phone i wanted was sold out in Vodafone shop, it will be my first & last time ever in the Carphone Warehouse, I found the assistant manager so rude, <snip> & absolutely useless. She couldnt simply take sim card outta my phone & put in my new one (as she had requested to do) without loosing all my contacts therefore had to go back into old phone. all in all i found their service to be less than satisfying and i wont be goin in there again. just a heads up for anyone goin in there. im not sayin dont go in , but just be wary if you do. thats my little rant for today. anyone else had a similar experience in there????

Are we dealing with a fussy customer here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Did you bring it up with the manager at the time ? I'm sure they would like to have known if there was a problem and they could have solved it there and then

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I know the store is in Waterford but its still not really the type of topic for this forum. Not sure if its much of an issue for Consumer Issues, but I will move it there and let the good mods of that forum make a call.

Topic Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You couldn't copy the contacts to the SIM yourself? You couldn't move the SIM from the old phone to the new one yourself? Sounds like you're just looking to complain about something, anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MOTHER HEN

jor el wrote: »
    You couldn't copy the contacts to the SIM yourself? You couldn't move the SIM from the old phone to the new one yourself? Sounds like you're just looking to complain about something, anything.
    yeah. i can do all of that myself. because im a big girl now. she offered to do it and then couldnt. she <snip> was the assistant manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

yeah. i can do all of that myself. because im a big girl now. she offered to do it and then couldnt. she <snip> was the assistant manager.

Yeah I could do that too, but the reality of it is now and again I am going to make a mistake when I will have to start from the start. I know it is no excuse, but it is the start of the new year. Maybe the assistant manager was out celebrating the night before, nothing wrong with that. If it was any other time during the year I would be worried. Everyone deserves one of those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

"out of" "losing" "going" "going" (again) "saying" "that's"

I've had similar experiences where I've had encounters with people that aren't perfect.

I just don't point them out usually.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

In fairness to the OP, I've found staff in the outlets of most mobile phone operators to be at best inept. Training seems to be poor and levels of service are very inconsistent. A quick look on google on the part of the staff member involved would have shown the right procedure to copy SIM card contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheCelticWizard

Maybe she was getting flustered by your high expectations and demanding attitude? Cant see anybody that rude and incompetant being promoted to management in Carphone Warehouse. Of all the phone shops I've used their staff are the best trained and most helpful by a long long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 daisy boo boo

have had similar dealings in said shop.their customers service leaves a lot to be desired.bought a laptop.faulty after two days.they didnt want to know.only replaced after an hour of arguing...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MOTHER HEN

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Yeah I could do that too, but the reality of it is now and again I am going to make a mistake when I will have to start from the start. I know it is no excuse, but it is the start of the new year. Maybe the assistant manager was out celebrating the night before, nothing wrong with that. If it was any other time during the year I would be worried. Everyone deserves one of those days.
    ur right duff man. it is no excuse. if she knew she was workin new years day she shouldnt have gone out new years eve. evryone trying to hold on to their jobs and she trying to lose hers. i wouldnt mind but its the most overrated night of the year. people saying happy new year to you , then as soon as you turn your back. well........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭freebird23

i brought my phone into a phone shop, told the person there was a problem and the person pulled my phone apart.

when i left the shop i took the phone from my pocket only to find it was loose and one of theparts that clip on the phone was snaped.

now, most phones can be pulled apart, slide up and all the rest. this phone had to have two little clips disengaged to open properly.

this person treated this phone like most other phones and broke it.

i cant prove she broke it, but i did see her realize she had done somthing wrong.

anyway just an experiance for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

The service in the Waterford store is useless the manger and assistant manager don't give a crap about the customer. I had a long drawn out problem with a phone that should have being sorted in 5-7 because both of them couldn't be bothered to do their job correctly it took 5 weeks. Ended up going to the area manager who said they were warned looks like they are still doing the same if i were you i'd give the carphone warehouse customer service dept a call

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

worked for them for 2 and a half years, mother hen if all of your contacts were on your phone then yes she would have had to put the sim back in the old one to retrieve them, i will admit the customer service needs improvement (at least from when i was there) and im not surprised at daisy boo boos laptop issue but it doesnt sound like you have a consumer issue as opposed to a bad shopping experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

what put me off them is they will use the info they collect when you buy to spam you. I would not buy there but did for someone else. Agree with the person who said do not go out the nite before work if it affects work.
    Customer is king ...or walk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

ur right duff man. it is no excuse. if she knew she was workin new years day she shouldnt have gone out new years eve. evryone trying to hold on to their jobs and she trying to lose hers. i wouldnt mind but its the most overrated night of the year. people saying happy new year to you , then as soon as you turn your back. well........................

But she wasn't working new years day was she?because they were closed like all the other shops.Maybe it wasn't the shop clerk that was a little worse for wear on January 2nd eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

But she wasn't working new years day was she?because they were closed like all the other shops.Maybe it wasn't the shop clerk that was a little worse for wear on January 2nd eh?

:D Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Carphone Warehouse sell a simcard reader for €13

usbsim_lg.jpg

Advertisement