Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipes for fresh fish

Options
  • 03-01-2010 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I love fresh fish and generally I just oven bake them. However, does anyone have some nice, tried and tested recipes for fish like cod, salmon, sea bass, mackerel and haddock? I'm not sure how long fish needs to cooked for. I don't want to drown the fish in batter and I don't like lemon with fish. Also, where do most people buy their fish?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

It depend's on a lot of things what do you like to eat flavour cuisne types etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

It depend's on a lot of things what do you like to eat flavour cuisne types etc ?

I generally like lots of different cuisines. I wouldn't say I'm fussy but I wouldn't like sweetish flavours with fish, like bananas or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

Salmon - finely chop up some onion, then mix it with some grated cheddar and some mayo. Smear the mixture on the top of the salmon then bake in the oven til the salmon is pink - about 20mins for me but depends on your oven. I eat this with rice and veg.

Mackerel - i havent made this myself, i buy it in a shop where i live but pretty easy to do yourself.Basically they marinate the mackarel in miso paste. I then pan-fry or grill it still covered in the paste. So good....fish will be white when done (although with mackarel the underpart of the fish will stay dark).
    Mackerel grilled on its own is really nice too - it has its own flavour.

Plaice or sole is nice when you dip it in some beaten egg and then some breadcrumbs. Season with some salt and pepper and pan fry for a few mins. Fish is done when white and flaky.

You could also try make a fish pie, lots of recipes on google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭fontinalis

For salmon this is nice.
    http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/573802/
    Good whitefish recipe
    http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/recipe.html?dishid=2850

As for mackerel, barbequed with brown sauce and served with barbequed potatoes and peas

Advertisement