Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MY dog is leaking

Options
  • 03-01-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I thought I noticed on Friday evening that Grason was dripping pee all over the house. Usually this happens just after he's pee'd and is only a small amount. However, he has been looking to go outside to go to the toilet nearly every 5 mins and is leaving drips everywhere now. Could he have a urinary tract infection or something? I'll be taking him to the vet tomorrow.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is he drinking any more than usual or just peeing extra?

If its just peeing extra then it could be an infection, but best to let the vet check him out to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

andreac wrote: »
    Is he drinking any more than usual or just peeing extra?

If its just peeing extra then it could be an infection, but best to let the vet check him out to be sure.

He isn't drinking anymore than usual and in fact didn't take in too much today. Poor fella is getting very frustrated cos he knows he shouldn't pee in the house but can't seem to help going and keeps crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Yup sounds like a trip to the vet is in order. Could be a urinary tract infection or related to this prostate either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

+1 on trip to the vet - could be an infection, hopefully the vet can sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

If you can take a urine sample of him in the morning befor you going to the vet. The vet can then run a test of it directly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 AbigailE

It sounds like an infection , My male JRT had a load of them when he was younger but seems to have grown out of them- he used to run and pee it was that urgent and he peed on our bed and in his own while still asleep a fewtimes :(
    I found using an old jug ( 99c in tesco) good to get a sample ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Just to give an update, had Grason with the vet who said it's most likely a bladder infection. Gave him a course of pills to take over the next 5 days. Poor lad has been asleep for the best part of today and hardly touched his food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Just to give an update, had Grason with the vet who said it's most likely a bladder infection. Gave him a course of pills to take over the next 5 days. Poor lad has been asleep for the best part of today and hardly touched his food.

keep us posted - hope he feels better soon - anti-biotics should clear up the infection

Advertisement