Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dan Bars, Wham bars etc

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 legoblock1

I used to live on Dan bars n wham bars not to mind stinger bars! Me and my twenty pence pocket money got some amount of junk !! I did however have an awed ul experience with a wham one day.. My four top front teeth came out on the bar as I tried to tare a piece off! After a year of no smiling I decided against ever eating em again!! Tragic because they r so scrumptious !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Smiley Bars were the shizz.... They were like Chomps but had an orange flavored chewy centre. Amazing. No google images exist though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

I know this thread goes back as far as 5 year's ago! But has anybody any idea if they still even make dan bars and Roy of the rover bars and is there a shop in ireland selling them.I am craving for them big time haven't had them since I was a brat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭chrisb1

Farty88 wrote: »
    I know this thread goes back as far as 5 year's ago! But has anybody any idea if they still even make dan bars and Roy of the rover bars and is there a shop in ireland selling them.I am craving for them big time haven't had them since I was a brat.

http://www.pennyjellies.com/index.php/sweets/chew-bars/mccowans-desperate-dan-bar/

Try the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What a cruel bump, thought they might be coming back, well besides Wham bars:(

Xenji wrote: »
    What a cruel bump, thought they might be coming back, well besides Wham bars:(

only one I've found is roy of the rovers ....so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

chrisb1 wrote: »
    only one I've found is roy of the rovers ....so far

I used to love them back in the day, along with those chocolate cigarettes that used to come in the fake boxes!

Xenji wrote: »
    I used to love them back in the day, along with those chocolate cigarettes that used to come in the fake boxes!

It seems the dreaded E number has put desperate dan bars in the grave :mad:

http://mrsimms.ie/freestanding-digital-poster/

Try these based in Ireland sure they might be able to get them somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BRING BACK THE E! BRING BACK THE E!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

BRING BACK THE E! BRING BACK THE E!

So the Shamen were really singing about Dan bars and Wham Bars, that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Treloh

Just dropped down for the paper and couldn't help notice the piles of children's bars on the shelves

Couldn't help throwing a few Dan's, Wham's and indeed even Roy of the Rovers bars on the counter :D

Still taste good, but are a bit smaller and a bit more expensive than when I used to spend my pocket money on them

Hi I am looking for some Dan bars and Roy of the rovers etc, a long shot from 6 years ago but where did you last see them? (If you don't mind me asking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Treloh wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for some Dan bars and Roy of the rovers etc, a long shot from 6 years ago but where did you last see them? (If you don't mind me asking)

Don't think they manufacture them anymore.

You could ask the folks at the link below though.

http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk/old-fashioned-sweets-no-longer-available.html

Advertisement