Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara Stallions

Options
  • 03-01-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I am new to ponies and am looking for Connemrara stallions in they Dublin,Kildare Area to cover my mares with

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 henryak

Hi if you contact the Connemara Pony Breeders Society,

The Show Grounds,
    Clifden,
    Co.Galway,
    095-21863.

they will give you a list of stallions in the requested areas,

there are a number of stallions in kildare,

i am not too sure re dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

http://www.connemaraponyworld.com/

There's a site for everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Connemara pony breeders' society: http://www.cpbs.ie/

That'd be the best place to start, especially as it's an official site of an official body.

Also, if you try the Irish Field Directory (was published just before Christmas) you'll find a list of stallions (or all breeds) by alphabetical order. It states where each horse is standing, and may also include the fee (not for every horse, though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Cloudy22

hey, I am a big Connemara fan (I own a Conn. gelding myself) and there is one stallion I would definitely go for if I had a mare, he is stunning and jumped at top level in France. I think he's been in Ireland a year or two, his name is Gwennic de Goariva, he is dun, 14.1 or 2, and I think he is in a stud in Meath. If you google his name, you'll find information and photos of him. Good luck with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ponyman

thanks for info i have made a few inquiries and have found

ashfield festy

edenmist prince of thieves

prince of thieves

golddigger laddie i think he's foreign

all in kildare so i am going to look at these does anyone know anything about any of these

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 henryak

Hi with regards to the ponies mentioned

I know the stallions ashfield festy is grade a showjumper, prince of thieves won the r.d.s twice including supreme champion,edenmist pride of thieves has won the r.d.s and clifden.
    and i am standing golddigger laddie he has won the breed show in finland

Regards Henry Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 templelad

curraghmore cashel is this years supreme irish champion and is the no,1 stallion in the country i covered all my mares with this studs stalllions they are based in galway and will keep the mares too save you going up and down. his foals are making the top prices at all the sales in clifden, goresbridge and cavan the cpbs will give you the contact details or visit their own website on www.cloonislestud.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ashbrookponies

Hi Ponyman,

You can view some really good photos of the smashing looking Goldigger Laddie here or here, and you can see photos of Currachmore Cashel after winning the Supreme Championship at Clifden last August here.

While the CPBS is the ruling body (and should be able to provide you with the info you need), and there is no 'eastern region' Connemara Pony group officially, the Midlands group may be able to assist you further. There MIGHT be an eastern group forming this year, but that's entirely up in the air at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ponyman

i have made more inquiries and have now seen the man for my two mares in pictures
    celtic moy sailor he looks stunning he has won quite a bit in ridden.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I really like Ashfield Festy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement