Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I buy a good umbrella in cork?

Options
  • 03-01-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Any recommendations?

LMAO. sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

golf shops..(i hate golf but they make good brollies)

i bought a mizuno one in a golf shop a few years back.. you'll pay for a good one though.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Not in An Stad in UCC anyway :mad::mad: I would suggest the Great Outdoors shop by Daunt Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

They sell really good strong large CK umbrellas in TKMaxx. I bought one a while back and I've taken it out during our worst weather. Still perfectly intact now. It's €20 so it'll set you back less than most golf umbrellas would. The only drawbacks are a) it's very apparent that it's Calvin Klein b) It's so big that if you're walking down narrow footpaths you'll have to collapse it slightly every time you want to pass a street lamp or telephone pole or you'll have to walk into the street to get around them. Available in navy or black I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Depending on what kind of resources you want to invest in it (i.e. money you wish to spend), you can also look into any of the "€2" shops; Most of the umbrellas come for actually 5€, but they do the job. I favor this solution as I am apparently a real master when it comes to destroy umbrellas in any conceivable way (even ran over my own umbrella with my car - long to explain :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Lemag wrote: »
    They sell really good strong large CK umbrellas in TKMaxx. I bought one a while back and I've taken it out during our worst weather. Still perfectly intact now. It's €20 so it'll set you back less than most golf umbrellas would. The only drawbacks are a) it's very apparent that it's Calvin Klein b) It's so big that if you're walking down narrow footpaths you'll have to collapse it slightly every time you want to pass a street lamp or telephone pole or you'll have to walk into the street to get around them. Available in navy or black I think.

cheers. Where is the tk maxx in cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭vag77

cheers. Where is the tk maxx in cork?
    cornmarket street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

You must not be very familiar with Cork city if you don't know where TKMax is so as vag77 said
    vag77 wrote: »
    cornmarket street
    Which is in the city centre near the end of Patrick's street where McDonald's and Argos are.

Advertisement