Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

muck off

• 03-01-2010 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

anyone got any tips on cleaning the grime off an engine without useing a power hose, i have seen a product called muck off but has anyone used this stuff and must you use water with it thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Theshedog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive used the Lidl Engine cleaner. Was only €2/3 ... does the job for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

i use it everytime on my motorcross bike. is the only thing to lift the blood and poo off my exhaust and hot bits

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Slaacer

I've tried a few but mucoff is the best I've used so far - AND it's good for the environment ;-)

Check their new chain cleaner device - haven't tried it but I like the idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

WD40. On everything*!

*Except Tyres, Brake Discs and Brake Pads obvioulsy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

WD40. On everything*!

*Except Tyres, Brake Discs and Brake Pads obvioulsy...

I've read its bad for stainless exhausts, as it discolours it with the heat :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

ya thanks for the info lads great help ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I have fucs off. Its actually good enough. I only bought it cos of the name though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I use some brillo pads and Cif cream ;)

Works a treat.

carefull now seany or i feck with your posts in the other place:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

zzr wrote: »

Which place would that be ?

why would you do that. I did buy fucs/fuchs off sure. :)

See ehre ya go. Even says on it and all that its a cleaner thingmebob. got it in Marcus Doherthy's.

1244111240044_fuchs_off.jpg

chill seany im only pullen your chain i saw you on elsewhere im not in there was thinking but it looks dab, ya muckoff it is :):D

chill seany im only pullen your chain i saw you on elsewhere im not in there was thinking but it looks dab, ya muckoff it is :):D
    Ha tis grand I read your post wrong. copped on what ya meant after I posted and got to lazy to edit again lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

anyone got any tips on cleaning the grime off an engine without useing a power hose, i have seen a product called muck off but has anyone used this stuff and must you use water with it thanks

After two days, I finnaly checked (have been very lazy the last while).

I use Muck-Off chain cleaner, and chain lube.
    Great stuff.

With the chain cleaner, you simply spray it in, and then rinse it off with water. If there is a lot of dirt on the chain, you can use a brush before you rinse.
    I would assume it is the same with engine cleaner.

hey seany did the left one drop yet lol:D:cool:

Advertisement