Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hlep me please

• 03-01-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

okay so i bought a sony kdl-32s5500 the other week and i hooked up my aerial to it it is an outdoor aerial and in the analog mode it is picking up a few stations and then in digital mode it is showing the epg what is on info of what is on but when i press a channel it says selected programme is not available only able to get 5-8 radio stations on it does any one know why this is or how to fix it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

You're picking up DTT(Digital terrestrial television) when you try to tune in stations on digital mode, the problem is that your tv is'nt compatible with the DTT broadcast system (The digital tuner in your set is MPEG2 whereas we use MPEG4) we use in this country, it would work in the UK, you're able to see the channels on the epg but not able to look at them, its unfortunate but the S5500 range of sony tvs do not have an MPEG4 tuner, the "V" and "W" range do happen to have MPEG4 tuners

Your stuck with lookin at the channels in analogue mode OR you could buy something called a CAM for your tv which will convert the MPEG4 signal to MPEG2

001828-300x300.jpg

A CAM looks like this and goes into the CAM slot on your tv

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

do you thiok it would be worth my while getting one of em and do you have any idea how much one of them would cost me

thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Depends really, how bad is your analogue reception?

Last time i looked, they cost round 40€(but they may well be cheaper now, ebay would be worth a look) but there is no guarantee one will work with your tv unfortunately, its a bit hit or miss

Advertisement