Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th rd = Leeds at Home

Options
  • 03-01-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Great Draw - Another full House - exciting cup tie - should be on the box

Reckon the Old Bill will have a busy afternoon :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good draw,another big game.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

we SHOULD win this but that means nothing in the magic of the fa cup.

good old fashioned cup tie i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

All we wanted was a home draw. Should be a comfortable win once 'arry puts out a decent team.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

I'm assuming this will not effect the Fulham game on Tuesday the 28th! I'm going to it and hoping they don't move it to the Wednesday. I would imagine they won't as the Fulham game is scheduled for TV. Saturday evening at 17:00 or so maybe???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Home Draw, have to be happy with that. Should be on the box, and there travelling fans should add to a great atmosphere.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

yeah top draw alrite, anybody know when exact date is announced for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

23rd or 24th of JAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Dave11 wrote: »
    I'm assuming this will not effect the Fulham game on Tuesday the 28th! I'm going to it and hoping they don't move it to the Wednesday. I would imagine they won't as the Fulham game is scheduled for TV. Saturday evening at 17:00 or so maybe???

Reckon it'll be early kick off on the Sat. Seriously doubt the police would allow a late kick off (or even a 3pm kick off) due to crowd trouble and history between the 2 clubs.

I was at Leeds in the cup back in 99. George Graham's 1st game back a Leeds after he bailed out on them to join us. We took 7,000 up there that day. There was a lot of voilence, some real nasty stuff. I reckon there'll be a lot of old scores being settled before/after this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

IMHO it will either be a 12:30 kick-off on the Saturday or a 1:30 kick-off on the Sunday, and I'd say they will only be allowed have the usual 3k tickets.

Could be a very messy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Game appears to be on at 17.15 on Sat 23rd. Looking to head over with one or two of the lads. Can get our hands on two member's cards, might be in need of another if anyone could help? Anyone know when tickets go on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

The order of the games;

Saturday
    1.30pm - Preston V Chavs
    5.15 - Spurs V Leeds

Sunday
    1.30 - Stoke V Assnal
    4.00 - Scunny V Chavs

There's gonna be carnage, kick off 6hrs after the pubs open.
    Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

A home draw against a third division team. Can't ask for more than that.. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Yep, brilliant draw - can't wait for this one, am definitely going if i can get a ticket. Just the words 'FA Cup' get me going (don't worry, the missus won't be reading this!!) - COYS!!!!!

Not sure about the agro - thought it was more Leeds Chelsea, although Leeds is always a tasty fixture, looking forward to a great atmo and a 1-0 win will do me!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Am I right in thinking that it should be a bit easier to get tickets for this one as season-ticket holders will not get a free ticket this time?

WHL wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that it should be a bit easier to get tickets for this one as season-ticket holders will not get a free ticket this time?
    FA Cup is normally easier to get tickets as there are less tourists who have booked well in advance just to see a premiership game, regardless of who's playing - you normally get a few more proper fans at FA Cup matches these days.

Also the fact the game's on TV will make it easier to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Seriously doubt the police would allow a late kick off (or even a 3pm kick off) due to crowd trouble and history between the 2 clubs.

Shane, Leeds have a crowd trouble history with just about every club going at some stage or another. Unfortunately some of our own fans feel they have a bit of a reputation to keep up, so I expect there will be some bother. Hopefully the cops will have a heavy presence and try to at least keep it well away from the stadium.

I agree with your point on the amount of drinking time before hand and personally, I think it was a bad decision to play the game at 5.15pm but TV get's what TV wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

ticket details for season ticket holders
    Tottenham vs Leeds United
    Sat 23 January 2010 K.O. 17:15 (HOME) White Hart Lane

Platinum / Gold Season Ticket Holders on the Cup Guarantee Scheme will be charged on Wednesday 6th January.

East / West Stands - £30.00

North / South Stands - £25.00

U16s / O65s - £10.00 (all stands)

Loyalty Points: 5

On-sale dates will be confirmed shortly.

Season Ticket Holders on the Cup Guarantee Scheme that are entitled to a concession ticket, but sit outside of the North Stand, will be charged full adult price for their ticket initially. A refund for the difference will go back onto the card used to make the purchase.

Season Ticket Holders that are not on the Cup Guarantee Scheme and entitled to a concession ticket, but sit outside of the North Stand, will have their seat reserved at the full adult price. They should either contact the ticket office (0844 844 0102 option 2) during their sale period to purchase their seat at the concession price, or purchase the ticket at full price and contact the ticket office after to arrange a refund of the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Wow prices are a lot lower then i expected given it's leeds I know there league 1 but i thought it would be higher

Lads, there will be no Stansted Express that weekend, bus replacement service in operation. It appears there will be a rail service from Stratford to Enfield Town serving WHL on the day though.

Flights can be had for €62 plus booking fee (staying overnight Saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

Hopefully a win and a good run in the cup

• Advertisement

Watched the Leeds Man U highlights tonight - Leeds played really well and both teams had chances to score more goals. Leeds hit the bar and missed a 1 on 1 too.

Going to be a hum-dinger our attitude needs to be right - think it will be.

Would love to be in the draw for the 5th Round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Monday 11th January (9.30am) - Silver Season Ticket Holder on-sale

Wednesday 13th January (9.30am) - Bronze / Lilywhite Member on-sale

Friday 15th January (9.30am) - General Sale (Only to supporters that are registered on our database)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

Are there many going from on here?

I am anyway.

I'm going if i can get a ticket - tickets for members on sale 13th Jan

Poor penalty by Defoe. He should be banned from taking penos.. :(

el diablo wrote: »
    Poor penalty by Defoe. He should be banned from taking penos.. :(

Agree with ya there mate!!

It's a ridiculous game. I know we were well on top for the first twenty mins or so but then it turned into the Ardiles era!! We try they try!! This could end up with a crazy scoreline!!

Dave11 wrote: »
    Agree with ya there mate!!

It's a ridiculous game. I know we were well on top for the first twenty mins or so but then it turned into the Ardiles era!! We try they try!! This could end up with a crazy scoreline!!
    1-1 now. wouldn't be surprised if they sneak it. If they do, I give up. :mad:

COYS....delighted for him!! 2-1 Pav.

• Advertisement

So dissappointed with Defoe today!! Does not look up for it at all. So many poor first touches.

Krancjar was non existant really! Had to come off...he was very poor against Liverpool as well!!

When ya see Pav and Crouch play in the same game I would rather start with Pav...he is much better at holding up the ball. With Crouch you have no idea wether he going to control it or not!!

Advertisement