Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th rd = Leeds at Home

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

useless cúnts can't beat a third division team in the cup. They'll do us for sure at Elland Road. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

F'in disgusted....95th minute and Bale is galloping down the wing and trying to put a neat ball thru to Defoe!!! WTF?? Get it into the corner to Pav and hold onto the F'in thing!!!! Jesus, its basics of football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Can someone spot the difference between their peno and our second claim ?

The only difference I saw was that Dawson got the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Dave11 wrote: »
    F'in disgusted....95th minute and Bale is galloping down the wing and trying to put a neat ball thru to Defoe!!! WTF?? Get it into the corner to Pav and hold onto the F'in thing!!!! Jesus, its basics of football.
    Spot on Dave,I was thinking the same thing,a feckin schoolboy team would bring the ball into the corners to run down the last few mins,Bale was excellent today apart from that mistake.I also felt sorry for Dawson cos he was great today...this team would break your heart...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

we should have murdered them, gomes had nothing to do for most of the game as daws was winning everything in the air. we should beat them in ellend road, but will prob go out on pk's , it all depends on who starts.
    As for the ITV commentry... digraceful. LEEDS GO MARCHING ON? get a grip they where lucky with the first and luckier with the peno. As for the pladits being dished out for beckford... he's nothing but a lower league player who bullies defenders about who cant handle him... he'd do well to get a game for a top team in the championship never mind the premiership the way ITV were going on about him.
    Anyway rant over heres what i thought of our lot
    gomes: done all he could
    bale: good going forward, but poor defensively
    hutton: see bale
    daws: played well, won most in the air. never a pen against him
    bousong:wasnt great
    kranky: non existent
    modric: played okay, getting there slowly but surely
    jenas: needs to go
    rose: not a bad debut, but nothing special on first apperences
    crouch: as bad as ever
    defoe: should never be allowed near a PK again... modric should be sloting them

pav: a reminder to swampy chops that he has the ability and know how when he's given a chance (should be in ahead of crouch when ever fit imho)
    keane: huffed and puffed but same as always
    palacious: done what jenas was meant to be doing the whole game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Not overly dissapointed thought we really did deserve to win I thought keane was onside for pavs second as well one thing tho why does defoe still take peno's kranjcar should take them when keane isn't on and Dawson looks very tired he needs a rest I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

im sick.jenas is a disgrace runin round in circles wit his hands by his side lik a penguin.he never checked a run of a leeds player alday.should of scored before half time aswel.we need big tom back tuesday.we just dont kill teams off!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Jenas is everything I hate in the modern day footballer. Arrogant, lazy and by all accounts a f**king tool to boot. A disgrace of a performance by Jenas, the rest wernt much better. We should of chewed leeds up and spat them out. The desire wasent there which it was with Leeds. This performance really reminded me of the Spurs of old, a lazy couldnt be bothered to turn things up a notch attitude.

It was great to see Rose give us width yesterday I was pretty impressed a good debut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

rose was only ok. a lot of running but nothing at the end. reminds me of lennon a few years back

pav was great today i thought, he looked so composed and good on the ball. i really think harry should start him and keane on tues night, defoe needs a drop to get him back in gear

i never thought id say this either, we really miss huddlestone as well. jenas is completely useless in the centre, please god he is back tues night. failure to win that one and we are toast

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    rose was only ok. a lot of running but nothing at the end. reminds me of lennon a few years back

pav was great today i thought, he looked so composed and good on the ball. i really think harry should start him and keane on tues night, defoe needs a drop to get him back in gear

i never thought id say this either, we really miss huddlestone as well. jenas is completely useless in the centre, please god he is back tues night. failure to win that one and we are toast

Harry said if he kept playing like that he'd have no choice but to play him so hopefully he will play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

winners away to bolton

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

That was a real humdinger of a match, a classic cup game which had everything, and credit to the Lids fans they were in full voice.

The corollary of converting every chance into a goal a-la Wigan is that we'll go games where the ball just won't go in the net. Defoe's lob, the missed peno, the peno not given (which was a worse tackle), the keeper's saves from Bale and Niko, in truth we could have been 5-0 after 20 minutes. Instead they came back into the game, and we managed to go in 1-0 only due to Crouch following up last in the half.

In terms of performances Hutton, Bale and Gomes were our best players IMO, the rest were either poor or played within themselves. Jenas was sh1te, pranced around without putting in a tackle all day, and up against a team like Leeds you cannot afford that.

Niko and Modric have had better games, and I'm not sure we benefit from having both of them on the wings. Even though he wasn't a world beater, with Rose on the pitch we had a little more width (and a bit more cover for Bale on the left).

Dawson won almost everything, but his distribution is poor. I don't blame him for the challenge, the couple just before that were top drawer and in real time none of us where I sit thought it was a peno.

Both Defoe and Crouch were below par, to his credit Pav had a lot more about him when he came on, with plenty of intelligent movement. The last time I saw him in the flesh he came on as a sub vs Arsenal a beaten man, if he could manage to motivate himself a bit I'd be happy to see him play a part again.

Wilson still can't pass for sh1t, but at least he did a bit more than Jenas in breaking up Leeds midfield.

Bit of bother after the game on Park Lane, the OB made a cock of managing the travelling fans which created a stadium-long flash point as we streamed past the 100s of Leeds fans who were outside. Will be tasty up there for the replay :eek:

Oh yeah, 13k ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

keane=cock wrote: »
    winners away to bolton

Spurs get their bogey away game in the cup, bloody great.

How many minutes was actually added on in the end of the game yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

5 mins I think.don't know where he got that from tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

When you get so many good chances early on and fail to take anything, that's when you have to start worrying.

There's always going to be a spell when the opposition apply some pressure. Some teams can withstand that pressure. We crumbled when it mattered. We failed to get the third killer goal and failed to run the clock down with only a few mins to go. Very very sloppy but typical Spurs. Ruined my weekend. :mad:

Palacios should have started
    Jenas was a complete waste of space
    JD is less than luke warm at the mo
    How on earth did the officials get 5 mins additional time?
    Will be a tougher game at Elland Road but maybe this time the team will take it a bit more serious

Bolton away in the next round is a sh1te draw. We never win there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

unknown13 wrote: »
    Spurs get their bogey away game in the cup, bloody great.
    Let's not forget there's a trip to Elland Road first... won't be easy at all. they'll be up for it big time.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement