Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation on bottles

Options
  • 03-01-2010 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Anyone got any recommendations for good baby bottles? We are using Avent at the moment, but if any formula gets on the lip of the bottle when you are filling them, they leak all over the baby.

Thanks,

Anthony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Found the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature good. They're fat so you can only fit 4 into the steriliser though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 AbigailE

I use Dr. Browns, they are great for reducing wind and Im pretty sure they are on special offer in Sam Mc. chemists at the moment
    They have never leaked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Our baby was colicky & had reflux so we moved from Avent to Dr Brown's. Fiddly to clean and sterilise but brilliant for reducing painful wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Found the tommy tippee ones very good. The teet is very similar in shape to a nipple so we'd no trouble switching from breast to bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Snowman123

I cant recommened the NUK bottles more. You can buy them in the chemist..I think we got ours in the McCabes chemist- but they were brilliant.

It has an air bubble on the teat to take out the air in the milk as the baby is feeding.. to prevent colic and alot of wind. We found they were great when it came to winding the baby.

Also, in the maternity hospital they used the NUK teats on the SMA range.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tommee Tippee anti colic plus are by far the best we have used.
    We had avent ones and they were fine and the nuk ones were ok too.
    The tommee tippee closer to nature ones were good too and what we use now but definately for a baby the anti colic plus ones.

Our maternity hospital used Aptimil with the disposable teats that came iwth the ready made bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ciara7

Have to agree with snowman123 I use nuk bottles and dummys and find them great. They are also meant to be the best bottles for little teeth!!! Only problem I had was the wide neck ones are hard for newborns to suck so would go for narrow neck ones which a slightly harder to spoon the formula into!!!! (Can't have it everyway)

Advertisement