Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Bin collection D14/16 ?

Options
  • 03-01-2010 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Just back from the shop, where i attempted to buy a bin tag (Nutgrove area)
    And the chap behind the counter told me that they were no longer selling bin tags as there was a new system in place now :confused:

Beyond telling me that, he could offer no other information.

We were using the green tags from the council, the green €8 ones each week.

Does anyone know what the situation is checked the dlr web site but didn't see any mention of any changes to collection :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 powerxtreme

I just heard about this change today as we have moved into Lucan and it seems its being brought in there too.

Check the following link: http://dublinwaste.ie/South_Dublin_Co_Co___New_Waste_Charges_Card.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

South Dublin will accept bin tags until the last week in January only so the shops have probably stopped selling them. DLR don't appear to be changing their system yet so their tags should still be available. The border between the two Councils runs near Nutgrove so it might cause a bit of confusion for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

DLR never had a bin tag system - it was an account-based system, with a charge per lift and per kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes did some digging today and found that website with the info.

The 'border' at nutgrove is confusing alright, when i studied the tag it was in fact a south dublin cc one.

Had to go to 3 shops to get a tag for this week, the others said the same as the one from last night , that they had stopped doing them and didn't know anything about a new system other than the fact there was one :D

I had to ring the council myself to request a waste card as I had received nothing from them in the post about this. It seems like a right farce in the making with no tags in the shops and none of these magic new cards let alone folks even being awake of them :rolleyes:

Advertisement