Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Li-Po Chargers

Options
  • 03-01-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,
    just wondering whether this is a decent enough charger for lipos or not?
    It seems a bit on the cheap side, so before I go burning my house down and getting disowned, just wanted to ask your views on it, or any other ones.
    Thanks guys,
    Ger:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

bad charger in my eyes, no way of seeing what is going in, no control over anything

with a lipo charger my advice would be to spend a little more and get something like the imax b6, excellent OS very user friendly you will never look back

http://cgi.ebay.com/iMAX-B6-LCD-Lipo-NiMH-Battery-Charger-5A-AC-Adapter_W0QQitemZ110456355866QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b7b63c1a

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

How idiot proof is it? And how easy is it to use?
    Thanks for the quick reply too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

hi ger they sell decent asg lipo chargers in M.I.A............ :D:D

hahaha!

I know I was having a look, but they seem a bit, unreliable, I've seen some bad reviews on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the one i have is decent enough, must have it nearly a year now,,,,,,

• Advertisement

the imax is real simple to use, you select the type of battery you want to charge will do any type, for lipo you then select the cell number and the the charge rate and off you go, beeps at you when its done, the battery is feeding back information to the charger meaning it will not over charge and will cut off if there is a problem, with the lipo for example if you select the wrong number of cells it will tell you, i've had one over a year, we've sold them in the past at the shop without issue and i even got one for my father and he uses it without a problem :)

not so much an issue with lipos but for normal battery the charger lets you know how many mHa its putting in and how much it discharges if you doing that, lets you keep track of if the battery is in top form

not a fan of the asg lipo wall charger for the same reason i not a fan of cheap wall chargers in general, there is no feedback and no control over the process and simple do not trust that

Might try one Laurence, I'm probably banned from the shop though at this rate :P
    Puding, how much do they retail at in the shop? Will probably pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

+1 on the imax. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

"Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink! Good Luck." - The Doctor.

Or you could just charge LiPos in a flower pot. A proper ceramic one, not plastic.

OzCam wrote: »
    "Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink! Good Luck." - The Doctor.

Or you could just charge LiPos in a flower pot. A proper ceramic one, not plastic.

tbh charge and store lipos in a metal box all the time, even with the imax :)
    Puding, how much do they retail at in the shop? Will probably pick one up.

was about 80euros delivered to your door, sold the last two over christmas would be looking to restock know things are getting back to normal

• Advertisement

I'm scared of Li-po batts now...:(

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I'm scared of Li-po batts now...:(

if you have common sense and more brain cells than a domesticated cat you will be fine :)

Puding wrote: »
    if you have common sense and more brain cells than a domesticated cat you will be fine :)
    Heuston, we have a problem...
    Thanks for the input lads!

Advertisement