Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tax

Options
  • 03-01-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

why can;t i tax my van on line
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

because it's a van.

Also you need to show a valid DOE cert at the tax office to get it taxed. this couldn't be done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Because that would be handy, to easy. I'm guessing you, like me, need your van for work, and taking a day or a few hours off work to tax the van, leaving you out of pocket just to abide by the law, seems stupid. Alas it has to be done.

you can still do it by post can't you?

OR:

You have to get the van DOE'd once a year, why not tax it after you DOE it?

It's only once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

colm_mcm wrote: »
    you can still do it by post can't you?

Ya sure can, they even send ya an envelope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FREE D DAN

on comercial tax forms they never put a pin no. on it like you get on private tax renewel forms so how do i tax it on line

• Advertisement

you don't. read the posts above.

Advertisement