Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Water Pressure

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

nifheorais, we spoke to the City Council went our water pressure first went really low. They told us that there wasn't a huge amount they could do when demand was so much higher than usual (people leaving taps running). Fair enough in my opinion.

The Galway Independent and Galway News both mentioned that there were water supply problems in our general area.

Hopefully householders are not ignoring the pleas from the City Council to turn off taps and conserve water.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Galway council are not doing enough to communicate the water problem because they have communication issues!

I'm in Moycullen no pressure since x-mas. Got onto a councillor to get some information put up on the county council website. They put up a general statement and haven't updated it. They're supposedly connecting oughterard to the Tonabrucky reservoir...all I know is my large tank is empty for past 2 weeks.

To help clarify the plumbing question above...it is OK in the majority of cases to have your central heating on despite having no water mains. The heating is on a seperate closed system than the water which is in the cylinder(hot press) and the same water which comes to the taps.

the one check to make sure is to go into you attic and see if the small tank has water in it. See image.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

KevR wrote: »
    nifheorais, we spoke to the City Council went our water pressure first went really low. They told us that there wasn't a huge amount they could do when demand was so much higher than usual (people leaving taps running). Fair enough in my opinion.

Fair enough for low pressure, but not for no water at all. I don't know why they can't list the areas affected and state what the particular problem in that area is (frozen pipes / low reservoir).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Our pipes outside (Laurel Park) appear to have frozen yesterday, our neighbors seem fine.
    Real pain in the arse ... I miss the rain :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I phoned the City Council a few minutes ago and the girl told me they have burst water pipes in Newcastle so water will not be back for a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Might be a good idea to stock up on bottled water

http://www.galwaynews.ie/10576-water-cuts-possible-due-big-freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

yipee ! We are nearly back to where we were in early December! Have yet to try the washing machine.The only things not 100% I think, is the toilet cisterns.Maybe clips/valves need replacing.Have to investigate further.Thank you Galway City Council workers for fixing the pipe at O'Flaherty rd, Shantalla:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

does anyone have an overview over where the water is gone due to frozen pipes, and where due to no supply because of bigger issues (mains burst etc)?

It's getting a touch tedious without water, I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

nifheorais wrote: »
    yipee ! Thank you Galway City Council workers for fixing the pipe at O'Flaherty rd, Shantalla:D

Hold on...
    Is this the same leak they were aware of in late November that's mentioned in the City Tribune article?They left a whole road without any water over Christmas and left the water supply to the west side of the city in jeperody rather than just fix it when the problem arrose?I know they couldn't have forseen the weather conditions that have seriously exacerbated the situation but that strikes me as very lax.

Advertisement