Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the council give mortgages?

Options
  • 03-01-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,
    i am wondering if people could help me.
    I am a primary school teacher,in my first year. My fiance is currently unemployed. We are looking to get a mortgage of about 90,000 to build a bungalow,which we think will be enough. Does anyone know if county councils provide mortgages? I know they do for low income but would we be perceived as low income? I'm earning gross 600 pw(so much for being a well paid job!!). We could afford to pay back a mortgage of 90,000 if we could get it.

Would appreciate any suggestions,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ciara7

If you go to EBS website and use there mortgage calculator it will give you rough idea of how much you would get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Are you full-time permanent? If you are you should be able to get a mortgage handy, if you get turned down the following should help http://www.homechoiceloan.ie/

Advertisement