Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a student discount in an NI Apple store as an ROI student

Options
  • 03-01-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

Probably a long shot, but I'm heading up to Belfast to pick up a 15" MBP from the Apple store, and I'm wondering if anyone can confirm if as a full time DIT student I'd qualify for a discount if I flashed my student card. The price for the spec I'm looking for is already €100 cheaper undiscounted than it would be with student discount included down here.

Add this to the fact that if I want a matte screen from Apple Ireland I have to wait 2 weeks for them to cobble it together (according to the guy from apple i spoke to) whereas I can just pick it up instore in Belfast (called and confirmed this), they're not really doing much to keep my money south of the border! That said, if my student card counts up there, the money saved will be spent on goods in the South. So nobody can blame me for not doing my bit. All for the greater good etc ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

A friend of mine bought a macbook in the Belfast Applestore and got a discount with her TCD student card so you should be ok.

Advertisement