Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats "the ban"

Options
  • 03-01-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

whats "the ban" cumming in?
    is it an import ban on airsoft suff ??
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there is a sticky thread about the new laws at the top of the forum you posted this in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055771105 :)

in a nut shell, you will not be able to buy/import any RIF (replica/realistic imitation firearm) from outside of the republic of ireland without a licence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

*Listens as every member of the Irish airsoft world headdesks simultaneously*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Leftyflip wrote: »
    *Listens as every member of the Irish airsoft world headdesks simultaneously*
    lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

so i couldnt buy a new aeg from the uk ? why would that b ?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

because of the new far stricter importation laws:rolleyes::rolleyes:...................:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

pump wrote: »
    You can't purchase an airsoft device from anywhere outside of Ireland due to the new legislation, how ever many Irish retailers will be able to source what you want. Eirsoft have their "Partner Products" range and other retailers often do special orders for customers.

that is correct, you would not be able to buy an AEG from the UK, the reason is simple airsoft became law by mistake when the law was changed a few years back to make anything sud 1 joule legal, letting people play airsoft was not there aim, the change in laws are control/regulation what ever you want to call them, meant to stop idiot importing RIFs

...but makes no sence as they can still buy them at any shop without issue, but that for another debate :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

jayus,hope the powers that be dont come on here,an see the mistake they made!(jokin)

What a load of ****, I bought a t.m. sopmod from fire support in the uk, irish retailers wanted mad money for the same thing.
    So what do the government think that will do/change if you can still buy in a irish shop? Am a bit lost on that bit ? a tax thing ? :confused:

You bought said AEG, before said ban was implemented. Irish VAT is higher than VAT in the UK. Airsoft is also much bigger over there than it is here. To be honest I think that some people still see it as a taboo thing...

• Advertisement

So what do the government think that will do/change if you can still buy in a irish shop? Am a bit lost on that bit ?

ding ding give that man a shot prize, join the club really, this debate has been had a lot over the last year or so since the restriction on importation was put out there

so is the ban in ?

the bill has passed but at the moment it is not being enforced, the licensing system for retailers is not in place yet, a date of the 1/1/10 was given but iaa or doj have not given anything else yet so your guess is as good as anyone else at the moment

now now puding b nice im new to the airsoft world, trying to find mt feet lol

ow ok that is bloody mad, but at least now i know

now now puding b nice im new to the airsoft world, trying to find mt feet lol
    sorry i was trying to complementing you in a fun way :), your instant thought are the same as most people when there trying to understand the regulations, its difficult to see what the aim is and how that aim is accomplished with what is on the table

sorry if it came over wrong i was infact being playful as it where :)

your grand puding sorry about that!

god its a mad law. so another question ....

why are people talking bad about e hobby asia on this ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

why are people talking bad about e hobby asia on this ?

Where are people doing this?

no idea about that one, i think there could be some crossed wires

ehobby asia where banned from posting on boards due to some unpaid bills it would seem :rolleyes: , but ehobby asia is one of the best retailers you can shop with from by experience, so i would not let this boards ban effect shopping with them
    Where are people doing this?

i would say confusion being new regulation ban on importing and ban from posting on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Can you still import parts?(mags,scopes,bbs etc)

• Advertisement

People were talking bad about Ehobby? Holy smokes Batman!
    /Batman and Robin.
    Are you sure it wasn't Ebaybanned?
    I've never ever had a problem with Ehobby, top notch service and prices.

Podge: As far as we all know yes, its only AEG's and the likes you can't import.

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Can you still import parts?(mags,scopes,bbs etc)

yes you will still be able to import accessory's see the FAQ for what we know so far http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055771105

was defo them, didnt take much notice. i used them once and stuff was here in 3 days was great.

so that other place uncompany.com what they like?

uncompany in a nut shell slow and normally the stock levels on the site are way off, but this is off topic for the thread, these questions are better off asked http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054978008&page=168

ok lads thanks for the help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

this is all oh so very confusing ='(
    xXx

what is confusing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Nothing has changed for the moment regarding "personal imports" of airsoft aegs or accessories

there 's no need to panic airsoft hasnt stopped or been banned

Graham Darcy IAA Vice chair

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

i just kinda fear the loosing out on nice and unique guns if you know what i mean!
    an some people say parts can be imported and some people say they cant =s
    xXx

• Advertisement

an some people say parts can be imported and some people say they cant

who is saying you will not be able to import parts?

Advertisement