Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rover 25 side wing on MGZR ?

• 03-01-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if any1 knows if a Rover 25 Passengers Side Wing Panel would suit a 2002 MG ZR? They are roughly same yr.

I had a rather unfortunate run in with some ice and an electricity pole xmas eve and the passenger side wing is fecked. Bumper cracked and scratched too.

Lookin for the cheapest solution to my problem so had a look at micksgarage.ie and found this, seems a bargain for 70 squid (inc delivery)

http://www.micksgarage.ie/proddetails.aspx?pid=73249&pk=aa56b

Whatcha's think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, they're the same if they look the same although the 25 and ZR had loads of facelifts, different headlights and bumpers - the metalwork stayed the same.

(late ZS models got crazy vents in the wings, but ZR's stayed the same)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Exactly the same
    !

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Richiecats

foundry wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if any1 knows if a Rover 25 Passengers Side Wing Panel would suit a 2002 MG ZR? They are roughly same yr.

I had a rather unfortunate run in with some ice and an electricity pole xmas eve and the passenger side wing is fecked. Bumper cracked and scratched too.

Lookin for the cheapest solution to my problem so had a look at micksgarage.ie and found this, seems a bargain for 70 squid (inc delivery)

http://www.micksgarage.ie/proddetails.aspx?pid=73249&pk=aa56b

Whatcha's think?

Ha ha ha ha ............................

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Richiecats wrote: »

Another Troll?
    Where are they comming from?

Post reported ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

thank u to the 3 useful replies i got.

mines metallic blue should i be looking for a blue one or does it matter as i need the bumper sprayed up too??

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Richiecats

kceire wrote: »
    Another Troll?
    Where are they comming from?

Post reported ;)

From the corner of the the darkened room, so be frightened like a little girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Richiecats wrote: »

Banned.

No need for that nonsense at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

foundry wrote: »
    thank u to the 3 useful replies i got.

mines metallic blue should i be looking for a blue one or does it matter as i need the bumper sprayed up too??

up to you, if you can get your hands on a nlue one then your laughing but i think the blue on the MG ZR range was limited to the MG range, so you wont get it on the 200 range if you get me.

the links given there were for new parts, so they'll come painted black or in primer.

You could ring around for a secondhand wing, the colour range was pretty small on the ZR and the metallic blue colour is quite popular.

That said, for a proper job you're better off with a new wing and blow in the bonnet/door/bumper

• Advertisement

indeed i understand kc.

near impossible to find mg blue side wing but i shall keep on searchin!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That said, for a proper job you're better off with a new wing and blow in the bonnet/door/bumper

Sorry could you explain blow in?

the painter will spray a bit of the bonnet and door to blend in the new paint with the existing paint. If he just paints the wing on its own it won't match.

eg. when you're painting a bonnet you also paint the tops of the wings as well.

Advertisement