Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texaco (Docks) cheaper for green diesel/kero (by the litre) than Corrib Oil...

Options
  • 03-01-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

This probably applies to very little people here but...

I normally buy my green in bulk, but this time of year I rarely need it so buy it by the litre at the pumps. I always assumed Corrib Oil would be the cheapest, and it was the only place I knew of to have it at the pump. Last week green was 70c/litre. I went to Texaco today down by the Docks and it was 65c, along with new/cleaner tanks and clean nozzles. I had a quick look at the kero too and couldn't remember the price but remember saying to myself "that's cheaper than Corrib"

Just thought i'd share

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I know a few lads who will be thankful for that little bit of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That Texaco is the same company as Mor Oil, who supply home heating oil. Their service is pretty good (I have a delivery due from them tomorrow, so I'll pop the prices up in the home heating thread after).

I also mentioned them in the solid fuel thread earlier for their briquette price of €30 for 10 bales.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Fey! wrote: »
    I also mentioned them in the solid fuel thread earlier for their briquette price of €30 for 10 bales.

This might be total bullsh1t but it's what a chap told me last week...

Those briquettes are 'sh1te'. They're not Bord Na Mona, but are imported from Latvia and aren't the quality of the BNM ones. Don't shoot the messenger it's just what I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yeah, heard the briquettes were crap too. Avoid like the plague. It is like buying sh**e firelighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

do the have the letters stamped into them like the bnm ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

they're not as gud as the bnm ones but they do the job. i'd only use them to start the fire, use coal thereafter cos not much heat off them. i think theres a "1" on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use a stove, and I found them OK.

I haven't been lighting big fires, though, and there is a huge amount of ash after them. I've also been using them with timber (was told not to use coal in the stove when I bought it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

I purchased 10bales for 30euro in a town in Nth Galway - utter crap compared to BnaM ones. These have a "T" pressed into them. Loads of ash after them too.

Advertisement