Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live and UPC. HELP!!!

• 03-01-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭

hey all,
    hoping someone here can help. Have my xbox hooked up to my wireless (eircom) at home and all that works great.
    In my own place in dublin now and i'm trying to connect it to UPC. I remember at home i had to lower my firewall but when i go into the default gateway for the UPC it doesnt give any option to do that anywhere.
    I paid for xbox live so obviously i'd like to use it. The UPC modem is a Cisco 2425. going by old posts, its a piece of [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] but its what i've got.
    Anyone had this issue in the past?
    Thanks
    CC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

You will need to forward the ports afaik. When you log into the modem you should have an option somewhere for Port Forwarding.
    Details here on what ports need to be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Turning on UPnP in the router settings should let the Xbox set up the port forwarding itself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hello all, didn't want to start a new thread when my problem is so similar.

UPC Cisco 2425 cable modem, wireless for PC use, fixed IP for torrents.

Cat-5 connection between my new 360 and the modem and nought happening, when I go to network settings on the 360, it's all zeros.
    Modem does not light up the eternet port with the Cat-5 connected to.

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi, is your xbox set up to get everything automatically? Sounds like you have a fixed IP on the xbox.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

yes, when I go into network settings it defaults to automatic with everything in zeroes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

When you test Xboxlive connection on the console what part fails? Network? Internet?....try running the test and see the the result.

Advertisement