Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky plus recording problem

• 03-01-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭

god everything is going wrong today. mobile acting up and now my sky plus box

my problem is it stops recording in a middle of my program and on the sky+ planner it comes up as part record and the excuse is its out of disk space

there is plenty of space in my hard drive

what could be wrong ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Maybe try doing a Sky Plus Planner rebuild, and if this doesn't work, maybe a full system reset. (if you do a full system reset, all your planned recordings, actual recordings etc will be lost, so this should be last resort)

To get this option, press the Services button, then 0 then 1 and the select button. You should see a hidden menu present itself, giving you several options. Choose either the rebuild or full systems reset from there.

Good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miltown man

hey guys.i realise this is a reasonably old thread but im gona chace it anyway,i recently installed sky plus in my mothers house,shes just moved,i took down her dish and put it back up @new house,i also gave her my old sky hd box,thats the only thing thats different,same card ,had no problems setting up and i got a better signal than iv ever seen b4.both inputs are nearly 100%,problem is bloody thing wont record,and obviously rewind,iv wiped the harddrive but nothing,wen i press record it looks as if it is recording until u try playing back and ders nothing,any ideas as to what cud be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Do you need to get Sky to pair the card to the new box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

I got skyHD plus this morning and i cant record or pause tele why is this???

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

@miltown_man, like greendom says

If what you did was take your mum's old card and put it into your box, this won't work until you call up Sky customer support and ask them to "pair" the card to this new box.

Sky make sure that an individual card works in only one box: otherwise where would we be, eh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement