Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Dye Virgin - Is this colour possible?

• 04-01-2010 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Its true...I'm a hair dye virgin....Just never had any motivation to dye my hair, but after 10 years with the exact same hair I want to dye my hair blonde.

I'm posting a pic of the hair I have and the hair I want.

Have:

hair.jpg?t=1262559898

Want: Lloyd Danies hair from the Xfactor :D:D

lloyd-daniels-picture-faith-01.jpg

So if I have light brown hair now....can I get it to this exact colour...or is this only attainable if completely natural?

Also can someone recommend somewhere nice for a lad to go in Dublin city centre to get this cut and colour. I've never gone to a salon, only a barber :P:P Kind of afraid to be honest, the seem like intimidating places!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Can't help you with places around Dublin, but a couple of highlights should see you right. If ya get them done a few times, you should soon have Lloyd hair.

I did highlights for my brother from a ladies highlighting kit, but if you wanted to get them done right go to a hair salon. Have no idea how much they would cost to get done for a man though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It doesnt look like too much of a jump tbh, so id say its definately achievable. Its not the kinda change id be trying to do with a home kit, but any salon in dublin should be able to help you out. If you find them intimidating try finding one with a male hairdresser and you might feel more at ease. Plenty of them around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rice_crispy

Yay! Can't wait now? So do u think it may take more than one trip to get it done, like will it need to be done in stages?

Think I might try house of colour in Capel St. I don't really care about price once it's done properly by a professional. I'd never do one of those
    home kits, I'd prob burn my scalp off.

Any reviews on house of colour on capel St - good or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Yay! Can't wait now? So do u think it may take more than one trip to get it done, like will it need to be done in stages?

Think I might try house of colour in Capel St. I don't really care about price once it's done properly by a professional. I'd never do one of those
    home kits, I'd prob burn my scalp off.

Any reviews on house of colour on capel St - good or bad?

OP you won't need to get it done in stages, you could get an all-over blonde and then maybe some highlights on top. House of Colour are meant to be good, go into them and ask for a consultation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

House of Colour do an amazing job!!!
    I'm a girl and I've been getting my highlights done there for years, not cheap but so worth it!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Them or toni and guy would do it well. Bring the photo with you so they can judge the colours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Ok and they wont laugh at me for bringing in a photo? I'd pay them double if they could make me look like lloyd too :D:D Suppose its a good idea to ensure I get exactly what I want!

Advertisement