Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs found

Options
  • 04-01-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

I was out walking with some people today over Bray head into Greystones.

We found 2 chocolate lab puppies right at the top of the hill. No-one around and the looked lost and miserable. While bringing them down met some others who said they saw them up there earlier in the morning too.

Anyway if anyone is looking for them we brought them to Greystones and got the Wicklow ISPCA to collect them and bring them to pound in Dundrum.
    EDIT: Rathdrum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Cookiemonster,
    I spoke with the owner of these pups today - there was a sign in the Greystones chipper looking for missing chocolate labs. He said Rathdrum pound does not have them, do you have any other info??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shelly10

Hello Cookie,

I came across your post via a phone call about the two lost dogs, they belong to my father in law, Rasmus rang him to say that she saw your post. Firstly thank you for talking care of them, and ringing the ISPCA, unfortunately we have had no luck in finding them, I was wondering could you give me the number you called of the people that collected them, I would be delighted to get them back fo Denis, as they were my dog Pookas puppies. I have been up Bray Head numerous times looking for them this is the first news I've had of them and I am so happy.

Kind Regards
    Michelle Phillips
    I was out walking with some people today over Bray head into Greystones.

We found 2 chocolate lab puppies right at the top of the hill. No-one around and the looked lost and miserable. While bringing them down met some others who said they saw them up there earlier in the morning too.

Anyway if anyone is looking for them we brought them to Greystones and got the Wicklow ISPCA to collect them and bring them to pound in Dundrum.
    EDIT: Rathdrum

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

sorry for late reply, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

sorry for late reply, PM sent

Wonder how they got up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭bogins

Add there details to the pets.ie lost and found section. You can even mark on a map where you found them :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Michelle, I really hope you get them back.
    I was also on the hike.
    Pardon the long URL but if you'd like to see how they were cared for this: http://clairecanning.smugmug.com/Ireland/Hiking-Bray-to-Greystones/10846172_gSs2d#756558142_JfvYR is a picture of my buddy carrying one of them when he struggled to get over a stone. They were happy by the time we got them to the ISPCC guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

dory wrote: »
    I was also on the hike.
    Pardon the long URL but if you'd like to see how they were cared for this: http://clairecanning.smugmug.com/Ireland/Hiking-Bray-to-Greystones/10846172_gSs2d#756558142_JfvYR is a picture of my buddy carrying one of them when he struggled to get over a stone. They were happy by the time we got them to the ISPCC guy.

Fair play to you guys for getting them down- they look like decent sized lumps of gorgeousness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Wonder how they got up there.

Seemingly escaped from garden through hole in the fence. (that was supposed to be fixed that day :o) They'd already gotten out once before.

My GF was talking to Michelle about the whole situation, so hopefully its all sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shelly10

Hi Dory,

Thanks for the reply, ah the photos are great, they have now been re-homed and it is proving very difficult to get any details about them, I feel that some injustice has happened towards the owner of the dogs, but I am also happy that they were found by such a kind group of people and that they are safe. I am hoping to find out where they have gone as I would like to check that they have gone to a good home, if we can't get them back. Thanks to everybody for looking after Buddy & Holly.

Kind Reagrds
    Michelle
    dory wrote: »
    I was also on the hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Hi Shelley,
    Sorry about the pups, this is a really sad situation. It is also strange though that ISPCA cannot give you information on who has the dogs? They log everything, and are usually very diligent in following procedure. I really hope for the sake of the owner that nothing out of the ordinary happened here. I have heard, that in some shelters (not necessarily ISPCA) purebreds get sold before having a chance to be adopted, or members of staff keep animals for themselves. Have you considered getting advice from the Garda? The Wicklow Times might also help you if they want to run a story on something.
    It's just not right, it seems like the pups' owner got lied to...

• Advertisement
Advertisement