Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the story abt campus gas station in johnstown navan

Options
  • 04-01-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Have anyone noticed about the campus gas station in johnstown, navan?
    This is on the T-junction of bailis downs to kentstown road junction. This was a centra i think 7 years ago and is under renovation or dont know that only self service wash for 2 euro sign is on.

Does anyone know whats the story or issue on this campus station?????
    i am curious as this is closed for the last 3 -4 years but looks ready to do business,
    is the owner wish to lease it or sell it?
    any clue at all?

thanks
    AC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I noticed this myself. I presume they are going to be opening up for business soon. I see they got new pumps in there not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Aye, its a bit of a mess at the moment. They have a self service car wash and a lawnmower repair service there but that's not going to do much business in this weather.

I'm not sure if he still owns it but the owner of the mace that was there apparently avoided tax and thats why it was initially closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

It closed down about 6 months to a year after the supervalu nearby opened up.

It was probably the most expensive local shop in navan at the time and had been milking it for years before the competition moved in.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

The downturn in the building trade didn't help this shop either, the deli was the big earner in this shop supplying Breakfast roll man....

Advertisement