Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creation finance and Harvey Norman

Options
  • 03-01-2010 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just been in harvey normans today to get lcd tv on 12 month finance agreement but it was declined with creation finance, the man in the store couldn't give a reson for decline any one know how i can find out why it was declined

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

the Irish Credit Bureau

www.icb.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Antigone05 wrote: »
    the Irish Credit Bureau

www.icb.ie

What can you expect in the report, does it tell you how good your rating is? i.e let's say you were going to apply for a 1 million loan would you be able to tell by what they send out your chances of approval might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Also you could write to the company Harveys was using and see why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Posts split from other thread. Don't bring up old threads when a new one will do nicely. It saves a lot of confusion.

The ICB won't tell you why HN refused the loan, it will only tell you what loans and payments you currently have, and if you've missed any. It will only be a part of the credit vetting process. Creation Finance will be the only ones that can tell you why they declined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

That's interesting. HN in New Zealand use GE Finance and I had no problem getting finance there. I even got double what I asked for but declined to spend it!

As has been said, it's really up to the finance company, not HN and it sounds like Creation Finance are tightening up in a reaction to the economic climate in Ireland.

It would be nice to know how they make their decisions though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Creation Finance wont tell you why they refused your loan. All they will say is that you didnt meet their lending criteria.

The ICB report will show you what loans you have had over the past 5 years and if there have been any missed payments, based on this information and other factors such as age, employment, salary Creation will give you a credit scoring and if you dont reach a certain score then you dont qualify for a loan.

CF will not and do not have to tell you how that scoring is made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Best suited to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement