Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks in Donegal town

Options
  • 04-01-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

just be outside the house watching a hell of a fire works display somewhere in round donegal town anyone else see of here is , just around 23:30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Heard it all right. Didn't know what it was. Missed the tail end of the de Vinci code because I thought I had a chimney fire !! Lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

i'm a few miles out of town and i heard the loud banging but thought it was that yellow evo going out the bypass again back firing so i went outside for a look and seen the sky flashing above donegal town

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

i'm a few miles out of town and i heard the loud banging but thought it was that yellow evo going out the bypass again back firing so i went outside for a look and seen the sky flashing above donegal town

yeah thats eactly what i thought the first minute, but went outside and watched the magnificent show that was put on....seemed to be coming from marian villas direction

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh, I thought it was Ardeskin Heights, or that new estate beside it.

I could hear people laughing etc.

That said, maybe there were two sets of fireworks going off.

Yep the yellow evo came to mind here also. Anyone solve this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Maybe it was the yellow Evo on fire :D

Wohoo the 700 is gone !!! ;)

Fireworks are great but NOT AT 4AM. What the hell was going on in town last night/ this morning??? A great 5 minute fireworks display at 4am!! Must have woken hundreds of people! Seemed to be up near me in the Orchard Park area. Someone should charged with disturbing the peace at least !!! :(

irish1967 wrote: »
    Fireworks are great but NOT AT 4AM. What the hell was going on in town last night/ this morning??? A great 5 minute fireworks display at 4am!! Must have woken hundreds of people! Seemed to be up near me in the Orchard Park area. Someone should charged with disturbing the peace at least !!! :(

i live a few miles out of town and they woke me, they don't sound like your normal accross the border garden fire works, thats some very heavy stuff who ever has it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Beez Neez

I'm up in the Glebe area of the town and didn't see or hear anything !!
    What's the story with the four am party ?!?

• Advertisement

Oh they were the big ones all right !! The smoke in the air after them was amazing. I hope the guards take action on this. These were not fireworks you could simply buy in a shop.

Oh they were the big ones all right !! The smoke in the air after them was amazing. I hope the guards take action on this. These were not fireworks you could simply buy in a shop.

yea thats what i was thinking, am 3 miles out of town and they still sounded loud , i buy some fire works at halloween for the kids party and i buy fairly dear ones that are loud but i never heard any think like them ones last night

Surely you would need some kind of licence for the type used last night.

Surely you would need some kind of licence for the type used last night.

i would think so , i'd say who ever was at it at 4am does't have one tho

I know where I would have put the fireworks if I knew who it was !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

You should have taken your hearing aid out!:P

You should have taken your hearing aid out!:P

Ah the wee cuttie is back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 surfboard

I know where I would have put the fireworks if I knew who it was !!

I totally agree irish i have a business and live up the orchard park area and have a few vans that were going away early in the morning and could have done with the sleep nice display but...try and let them off a bit earlier the next night who ever is at it the only good thing that came out of it was that it scared <SNIP>

Mod edit: Careful with the content of your posts. Its a family forum

anyone here the fireworks last night , sounded to be out by texeco direction this time around 11-12

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

What is the yellow evo please?

Did you call the gardai? They won't bother unless you do.... ;)
    Yep the yellow evo came to mind here also. Anyone solve this yet?

• Advertisement

It's the same as the wee green Suzuki I saw you with yesterday only faster! ;)

this is what it looks like

Mitsubishi evolution 7
    Fine bit of machinery

1241019-1.jpg
    1241019-2.jpg

Advertisement