Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any football (soccer) clubs recruting players in Newbridge/Kildare?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Am interested in getting back playing football and regaining my fitness, fairly new to the area, does anyone know of any clubs local to these towns who might be recruiting players whether senior or sunday league etc.
    Am in my 20's. Not sure of what the football seasons are in Kildare.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not too sure what senior teams are like in recruiting new players, but I'd imagine you should be able to join one no bother. The big ones are really Newbridge Town, who play at Station Road in Newbridge, pretty sure they have 3 senior teams, the 1st team which play in the LSL division 2, other 2 would play at lower levels. Liffey Celtic who play their home games in Newhall out by Toughers are probably the next best team around, if not better.

You also have Newbridge Hotspurs who play near Sarsfields, Kildare Town AFC whos home ground is on the outskirts of the town near enough to the curragh racecourse iirc.

Think theres one or two more teams around newbridge and probably is in Kildare too, hopefully you'll find someone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Not too sure what senior teams are like in recruiting new players, but I'd imagine you should be able to join one no bother. The big ones are really Newbridge Town, who play at Station Road in Newbridge, pretty sure they have 3 senior teams, the 1st team which play in the LSL division 2, other 2 would play at lower levels. Liffey Celtic who play their home games in Newhall out by Toughers are probably the next best team around, if not better.

You also have Newbridge Hotspurs who play near Sarsfields, Kildare Town AFC whos home ground is on the outskirts of the town near enough to the curragh racecourse iirc.

Think theres one or two more teams around newbridge and probably is in Kildare too, hopefully you'll find someone though.

Thanks for that, appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Kildare Town AFC is next to Cill Dara golf club (past the train station at the edge of the Curragh). I presume the '(soccer)' means GAA clubs are out - there are plenty of them around too and they should be resuming training this month. I know my own club, Round Towers are resuming soon and I can send you on details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

aodh_rua wrote: »
    Kildare Town AFC is next to Cill Dara golf club (past the train station at the edge of the Curragh). I presume the '(soccer)' means GAA clubs are out - there are plenty of them around too and they should be resuming training this month. I know my own club, Round Towers are resuming soon and I can send you on details.

just looking for soccer at the moment mate but thanks anyways.

Advertisement