Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ignore:

• 04-01-2010 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

and in other news.........

the sky is blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

SlickRic wrote: »

the sky is blue.

:confused:

If you don't like my post/thread, then don't post on it.

Especially something totally stupid.

In_tuition wrote: »
    :confused:

If you don't like my post/thread, then don't post on it.

Especially something totally stupid.

he does it all the time.

professional players do it all the time.

it's just funny when a new thread gets made when a player, especially someone we all know dives notoriously often, dives.

to explain...my post insinuated that there's no news in the fact Ronaldo has dived theatrically again, the same as it'd be no news in me telling you the sky is blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I think he dived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nothing that doesn't happy at every Premiership ground on a weekly basis. Cancer in the game that is slowly destroying it.

It was refreshing and almost surprisingto see one of the Leeds lads get clattered with a horrible tackle by Gibson today and simpley get up and shake hands with him and not make a meal of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

wow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's the worst dive i've seen in a while. Comical.

He should be taken outside and shot!

And then given a yellow card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

flahavaj wrote: »
    Nothing that doesn't happy at every Premiership ground on a weekly basis. Cancer in the game that is slowly destroying it.

It was refreshing and almost surprisingto see one of the Leeds lads get clattered with a horrible tackle by Gibson today and simpley get up and shake hands with him and not make a meal of it.

think that was the captain,naylor?was good to see alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

the sky is blue.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

PUshed by a ghost? gust of wind,, banana peel on ground,, there should be a panel of football experts who view dives after games and issuse one game ban for such obvious attempts at con'ing the ref,,
    or just use same panel that review goals ,and who should be credited with goals,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Am I the only one who saw his heel get clipped as he tried to turn?

Yes he made a meal of it and went down theatrically, doesn't mean his heel wasn't clipped though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just another run of the mill making a meal of things. If thats the worst dive you've ever seen, you've got plenty of youtubing ahead of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

It would have been a soft penalty but far from the worst I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the sky is blue.
    The grass green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Am I the only one who saw his heel get clipped as he tried to turn?

Yes he made a meal of it and went down theatrically, doesn't mean his heel wasn't clipped though.

If he hadn't been so completely over the top with going down and not gained such a bad reputation from his diving over the years he'd probably have gotten the peno. The little boy who cried wolf etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

m@cc@ wrote: »
    It would have been a soft penalty but far from the worst I've seen.

No not the worst but a pretty bad one all the same, even by Ronaldo's standards.

I didn't start the thread to receive personal insults or to associate trolls.

Sorry to those who actually made a genuine response.

where are the insults?

granted, there's a bit of taking the p*ss out of the fact we have a seperate thread for it, but mate, you've not been insulted.

You wanted everyone to come in here and take the piss out of a former world player of the year and current most expensive player in the world, and arguably the best player in the world. Things dont go your way, and all of a sudden you're bitching out with some confessions of a teenage drama queen sh!te. Seirously OP, grow a pair. If you have an opinion, especially one that relates to an ex-United or Liverpool player, expect to have it criticised around here at some stage.

where are the insults?

granted, there's a bit of taking the p*ss out of the fact we have a seperate thread for it, but mate, you've not been insulted.

Yes I have been.

It's now been removed (thanks to dub13).

I don't mind a bit of pee taking, fair enough but when people starting getting personal (for no reason), now that takes the biscuit.

Obviously a friend of the local tightly knit community here so nothing will be done.

My last post on the soccer forum.

Archimedes wrote: »
    You wanted everyone to come in here and take the piss out of a former world player of the year and current most expensive player in the world, and arguably the best player in the world. Things dont go your way, and all of a sudden you're bitching out with some confessions of a teenage drama queen sh!te. Seirously OP, grow a pair. If you have an opinion, especially one that relates to an ex-United or Liverpool player, expect to have it criticised around here at some stage.

You got your own childish thoughts. That's all fine.

Don't try and derive sentences referring to what you believe my motives are.

I posted a post showing a video of a player diving, what anyone else posts is entirely their business (i found it amusing) but for you to assume and then portray my motives is downright ignorance.

Now my last post on the soccer forum.

• Advertisement

Yes I have been.

It's now been removed (thanks to dub13).

if you were genuinely insulted in a post i did not see, that was subsequently removed before many saw it, then seriously, apologies.

you then have a right to be a bit p*ssed off.

Substitute your name for a few others and this place might return to it's former glory!

if you were genuinely insulted in a post i did not see, that was subsequently removed before many saw it, then seriously, apologies.

you then have a right to be a bit p*ssed off.

Well considering someone (who I do not know) posted my name in his message, I find that highly insulting.

I've never mentioned my name in any post I have made on boards so how this person has come to know it also a little odd.

I find it insulting of the higher order.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I think he dived.

You bastard!!!

Well considering someone (who I do not know) posted my name in his message, I find that highly insulting.

I've never mentioned my name in any post I have made on boards so how this person has come to know it also a little odd.

who was the poster that posted your name?

^^^^^

^^^^^

:confused: eh?

It's all turned out to be one huge coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    It's all turned out to be one huge coincidence.

Yeah, that's what i thought? We're you doing an Andy Gray impression??

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what i thought? We're you doing an Andy Gray impression??
    Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I'm loving this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yes I have been.

My last post on the soccer forum.

how many last posts will there be? thinking of starting a pool??

na seriously, if someone personally abused you then the appropriate action will be taken by a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have been off line for a couple of hours and with the op edited, I'm slightly at a loss :p Who Dived/Cheated ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

it was ronaldo - in a recent game.... meh..nothing too exciting.....(allegedly) diving on a football pitch.

Seriously OP, get some

241104b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think we're done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement