Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Rent? (2010)

Options
  • 04-01-2010 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭

How much rent do you pay (per person, per month, excluding utility bills)?

How much rent do you pay? (see notes in post) 527 votes

Under €200 per month
    0% 0 votes
    €200-299 per month
    2% 14 votes
    €300-399 per month
    8% 47 votes
    €400-499 per month
    17% 90 votes
    €500-599 per month
    15% 84 votes
    €600-749 per month
    8% 45 votes
    €750-999 per month
    14% 77 votes
    €1,000-1,249 per month
    15% 84 votes
    €1,250-1,499 per month
    7% 38 votes
    €1,500 per month or more
    2% 11 votes
    I have my rent paid for me
    1% 9 votes
    I live with family / friends / a partner
    0% 0 votes
    I/we have a mortgage or I/we own a residence
    5% 28 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Lormcd

Woah. Alot of people paying alot. Are people answering this based on what themselves and their partners are paying or just them? I answered for just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Im paying €600 per month for a 1 bed apartment (ie not a houseshare) and its for me and the OH. (so perhaps that should have been €300 per person in the poll and not 600??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Sharing with one person, the rent is 800 for a 2 bed apartment in Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That does look odd, the "€600-749 per month" and "€750-999 per month" categories had been much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jennnn

I'm paying 295pcm for a large single room in Dublin. In 2007/2008 I was paying 500pcm in a house less than a mile away in a similar spec house.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

3 fidity for a master bedroom and Bathroom in leixlip, Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

500 for a large (and I do mean large) double bed ensuite in D6
    myself and one other person sharing the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LadyBird2009

I pay 1150 for a 3 BR in tullyvale , cabinteely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shots

560 a month for just me ... 3 other roommates are paying the same, each get our own (small) bedroom and unsuite with shared (small) living area. Its student accomodation though very close to college. What a rip off though cannot afford to live here next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

€895pm for a 3 bed end of terrace in dublin 15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

€650PM, between 2 of us, in a 5 bed detatched in Donegal :D

Couldnt beleive when we got it, it was priced the same as most 3 bed semi's in the nearest big town where we were concidering going too, only a few minutes drive from the town too, on the quietest road i think ive ever seen in my life....bliss:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Maiready

I pay 350 Euro per month for a double room in D6 . I share with two others that the landlord picked after my friends moved back home. The landlord is soo incredibly annoying. I think landlords would have to show better service if they expect to retain tenants. What do people think ? Are there many really good nice landlords there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Paying €1050 for a spacious 2 bed with sea views. It's just me and the GF but the last place we had was a poky 1bed for €1200(signed a lease just before the recession) so it's nice to have some extra space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Maiready wrote: »
    I pay 350 Euro per month for a double room in D6 . I share with two others that the landlord picked after my friends moved back home. The landlord is soo incredibly annoying. I think landlords would have to show better service if they expect to retain tenants. What do people think ? Are there many really good nice landlords there?

My landlords are fantastic.
    I'm renting a 'bedsit' sorta thing, nice size though at €390 a month (bills included in rent :D).
    They've even offered to put up extra shelves if I need. They really couldn't be nicer.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'm paying 550 for my own double room in a 2 bed house.

There's just two of us in the house, it's very central but in a quiet area and it's a nice place.

It's probably a bit much but frankly house shares with more than one other person were starting to annoy me.

Paying €1050 for a spacious 2 bed with sea views. It's just me and the GF but the last place we had was a poky 1bed for €1200(signed a lease just before the recession) so it's nice to have some extra space.

Yup, same on the last place. Madness thinking back on it but spent 4 months looking for places with no luck, and finally upped the budget and got a place for €1200 (between 2 people) for a 1 bed apartment. Paying €800 between us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ronan0

My landlords are fantastic.
    +1 Great place at great price. He made the place really beautiful, put a lot of care into it. It's well appreciated. Hopefully he is a sign of new things to come in this country in terms of landlords. Landlords who are direspectful of their tenants need to be done away with (ie. through market forces).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I'm paying €387 pcm for a double room in a beautiful 2-bed apartment in the heart of Galway - just off Quay St, in fact. It's the top end of my budget as a student but Myself and my housemate were delighted since the landlord came down over €100 pcm in rent for us. Looking over this thread I'm so glad I'm not studying in Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

500 euro for a 4 bedroom semi in Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

400 a month for a double room with an ensuite in a really nice duplex appartment in D8 by the phoenix park. Landlord is sound and the appartment complex is really nice, loads of green spaces for kids to play and it's well cared for. Landed on my feet ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Dammit! I answered the poll based on our rent and not how much per person, I'd never think of it as per person as everything we have is joint. But per person it's €575. We pay €1150pm for a house in D6W. I thought we were probably paying a bit on the high side but the specific location was worth it.

It's right on the Dodder River (though high enough not to flood) and overlooks a large green. I can walk right out the front gate with my dogs and we are immediately on our walk without any need for leads and they can swim everyday. We also have a big kitchen/diner, a really large livingroom and a pretty big back garden (nearly 50ftX50ft) which is completely not overlooked and has mature trees and roses bushes. It's also just a few minutes walk from either Templeogue village or the Rathfarnham shopping centre and I think it's a lie but there are supposedly 13 buses an off-peak hour into town.

The landlord's grand, has no problem with our dogs, removed any furniture we asked him to and seems really easygoing about everything. The worst thing about is that it's the best place I've ever lived and one day I will have to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

400 a month for a granny flat attached to landlords house which is next door to a cemetary, (nice quiet neighbours) ,all bills included, Im doing pretty well here all things considered, landlord is great has so far fixed my car for me!:D
    The only niggle is the older kids have decided they dont like me, it seems I'm branded a cat stealer, as the cat sleeps on my bed most of the time and i feed it too. Theres no pleasing some people !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

any one person paying more than 400 euro per month, are being fleeced, should look around for better deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

€650 pcm between two people for a 2 bed 2 bathroom apartment in waterford with terrace and parking. Its a bit more than I'd like to be paying but the place is lovely and I'm sick of staying in kips.

On the landlord thing, I know of one guy had quite high rent for the first year but once the landlord seen he wasnt destroying the place/paying his rent etc he dropped the rent by a load and got sky and broadband in included in the rent if he stayed in the house another two years.
    I got a job once with 3 days notice and had to move to the other side of the country rang about this flat and the guy didn't mind that it was only for a few weeks and even met us at 10pm on a sunday so we weouldnt have to stay in a bnb. He took the rent in cash and we only had to give a weeks notice, couldnt be nicer. It was also the first place I moved into for work that I didnt have to clean up before I unpacked and everything worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Paying 350pm for a double room in castleknock/clonsilla. Sharing a bathroom. 3 in the house altogether. Landlord doesnt even know im there as far as i know.....

Was paying 320pm for a HUGE room in galway before the summer, it was at the bottom of shop street, i.e. right smack in the city center.

Prices in dublin are over inflated!

Paying 350pm for a double room in castleknock/clonsilla. Sharing a bathroom. 3 in the house altogether. Landlord doesnt even know im there as far as i know.....

Was paying 320pm for a HUGE room in galway before the summer, it was at the bottom of shop street, i.e. right smack in the city center.

Prices in dublin are over inflated!
    they will have to come down, this winter will tell alot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

€1500 isn't catered for in your poll ... We can have up to €1499, or more than €1500 (i.e. €1500.01 or more) :p

€1500 isn't catered for in your poll ... We can have up to €1499, or more than €1500 (i.e. €1500.01 or more) :p
    how many of you are in this house
    it has to be a six roomed
    and anyway keep looking out for another
    that is over the top
    how can you afford all that
    that is some peoples wages gone and more
    that landlord is laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

5 big double bedrooms, three bathrooms in Dublin. I think it's quite reasonable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

€650 pcm for 2 bed 2 bathroom, very nice place with jacuzzi bath (which i have used twice in 2 years!). Landlord is sound bloke, anything that goes wrong is fixed as soon as possible so well chuffed, spent long enough living in dives though, couldn't go back to it.

Advertisement