Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a haircut?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

There have been a few threads on this subject but I would ask the mods not to merge this with them as my questions differs. While other threads on barbers/hairdressers mainly focus on how cheap a guy can get a cut, I want to know where is the best hairdressers or barbers (would prefer a hairdressers as I have had bad experiences with barbers in galway!) for a guy to get a haircut? Price doesnt matter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I got a very good cut in Kozzy's on Market Street.

Was around €13. Just because it wasn't expensive, doesn't mean it wasn't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Place beside new look always does the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Micheal_UCD

dmcg90 wrote: »

No, not going there again. Was there about a year ago and got the most uneven cuts ever. She also cut off far too much (much more than I asked!). She rushed through the cut in about 5 minutes. Promised myself never to go back there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm a big fan of classic hair design down the road from the bierhaus, tenner for a guys (student) cut and have had it done by three different women in there, all good. The other places I've been in galway are fat tony's, good but if you want two inches off you're better asking for one if you know what I mean, plus it was 15. I also went to a place around the corner from amnesty shop, beside that yankee candle shop/second hand bookshop (don't know the name of the place or the street) it was 40 quid ( :eek: ) but it was a really good cut. Personally my favourite place so far is classic hair design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Oh, i didn't know Classic Hair Design did men too. I have to laugh whenever I see their shop sign, ancient is not the word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

can't say it doesn't look like the sort of place that deals exclusively with the over sixties, but in reality it does everyone and imo does a very good cut if you want something normal. I only ever want an inch or two off here or there so I can't comment on more complex cuts, but they've always done a good job for what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is another thread called "Best place to get haircut" here with 50+ responses.
    The cheapest thread is here.

Can you elaborate on what kind of cut you want and where you've gone before to get it so we know what you expect. Just "best" isn't very good as it's too subjective.

I have been letting my hair grow for the last few months to basically I would like a place that could style it for me at this length! Somewhere you could even bring in a picture of the style you want (I've found barbers dont like you bringing in pics and seem obsessed with cutting off as much hair as possible!)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Tom Nally's beside Kings head Taafes is decent.

Fcuk all chat and a decent cut.

€13 is the going rate for a mens cut at the moment in there.

I can't understand why you would have to go to a hairdressers tbh, overpriced and I'm presuming it takes much longer.

If you want a blue rinse it's probably the place to go though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Micheal>>> I know what you are looking for, I have the same problem.

I have 2 suggestions

1. Soa Hair Studio - High street between Taffes and Kings Head (approx) - There is a guy there called Michel think he is french, really good - cost about €25-30
    2. The Hut - Market street - only cut my hair here once but it was really good but it cost ehhh... €48 (but it was worth it) a guy from Hungary i think (he might have left)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JennyMaguire

I'd recommend Zenith if your willing to pay a bit more than the normal price for a guys hair cut!

Cheers for the help guys. Think I'll go with a hairdresser but havent decided which one yet! What good hairdressers around the city can you just walk in off the street without an appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lockyjpl

dmcg90 wrote: »
    No, not going there again. Was there about a year ago and got the most uneven cuts ever. She also cut off far too much (much more than I asked!). She rushed through the cut in about 5 minutes. Promised myself never to go back there!
    Just wondering, was she Irish or lets say East European, i've been goin there for lets say the last ten years, find it great, but they did have a east european Lady employed their about a year ago and the same happened to me, however, as i said, i'm still going there, reason being, the person who made a complete hames of my hair that time was'nt kept on for long, basically, what i'm sayin is, The barbers beside New Look is in my eyes highly recommended, one bad hair day in ten years is'nt bad i think.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

swe_fi wrote: »
    Micheal>>> I know what you are looking for, I have the same problem.

I have 2 suggestions

1. Soa Hair Studio - High street between Taffes and Kings Head (approx) - There is a guy there called Michel think he is french, really good - cost about €25-30
    2. The Hut - Market street - only cut my hair here once but it was really good but it cost ehhh... €48 (but it was worth it) a guy from Hungary i think (he might have left)

They have special offer for all us ladies too, wash , cut & blowdry for €35 from Monday to Thursday

Plus the two French guys are super cute so its an extra bonus :D

Advertisement