Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Mortgage Repayment? (2010)

Options
  • 04-01-2010 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭

How much is your Mortgage Repayment? (€/month)

How much is your Mortgage Repayment? (€/month) 236 votes

Under €100 per month
    0% 0 votes
    €100-249
    0% 1 vote
    €250-499
    1% 3 votes
    €500-749
    5% 13 votes
    €750-999
    22% 52 votes
    €1,000-1,249
    25% 60 votes
    €1,250-1,499
    18% 43 votes
    €1,500-1,999
    15% 36 votes
    €2,000-2,499
    7% 17 votes
    Over €2,500
    1% 4 votes
    Mortgage paid off
    2% 6 votes
    No mortgage
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Victor wrote: »

775pm ,could have been worse! The guy accross the road pays 1400!same house

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bpsai09

Victor wrote: »

i pay 718 per month for a 2bed apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭cheesey1

I pay €991 for a 4 bedroom house in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

€580 (including insurance) p/m for 3 bed semi in Ferrybank, Waterford, only bought last December while the prices are low. GOt the house for a steal, €172,500 fully furnished. Thats the only reason i bought. Can barely manage it at that so fair dues to the people paying anything over it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

Sure what does the monthly rate mean without the context of the mortgage term. 2 years ago i was about 3 years into a 35 year mortgage and then i told them to restructure it to a 17 year term so obviously payments increased quite a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

I wasnt stupid enough to fall for the FAKE property economy and I never bought a house!!! Im laughing my way to a happy future without a mortgage.

It was completely obvious that money doenst go on trees and the whole economy was going to crash! I hope people are more wise now with their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 catspajamas

I wasnt stupid enough to fall for the FAKE property economy and I never bought a house!!! Im laughing my way to a happy future without a mortgage.

It was completely obvious that money doenst go on trees and the whole economy was going to crash! I hope people are more wise now with their money.

People wanting their own home is not stupid - its a matter of knowing - actually understanding what you can afford
    I think people got sucked in & were led astray
    I am a home owner - but ours is a small house & we took years to finish it ( ok is not finished yet!) but I am not sitting on an italian leather sofa looking at a 52 in plasma scared out of my with as to how i'll pay the bills

I think the recession will help in that it will bring house prices back to a real level & people will actually end up under less pressure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

578 per month on a 4 bed house dormer bungalow in bray co wicklow. we were lucky , the land was my husband's so we only had to build. It was built for 133,000 We would never have taken on a huge mortgage, i saw loads of my friends falling into the trap. Buying houses for 300-400k that are only worth 200k now, if they could sell them. my husband was always drumming into me that the bubble would burst. I remember at the height of the boom we got our house valued, the estate agent barely looked at any room properly, she wrote me up valuation for 600k. I remember thinking she was barmy yes its a well built kitted out house but that was ludicrous to me. Now we would never sell this house, its our home for life. And im sure alot of people with the huge mortgages feel the same, my heart goes out to anyone struggling. At the time if you wanted to own your own home you had to pay massively over the odds. And there is nothing wrong with wanting your own home.

Advertisement