Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amount of chlorine in the system.

• 04-01-2010 4:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

It is to much. Full stop, the stuff stinks like bleach, it is undrinkable at the moment. It had to be said.

WTF is going on with the water system, if I wanted to swallow some bleached water I would go for a swim in the local swimming pool and get cleaner water to drink.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this was already discussed before Christmas. I'm putting it down to the flooding. I reckon once pumping stations were back up and running they horsed a sh*tload of chlorine into the water to kill off any bacteria left over from the flooding...purely my own (perhaps ill-informed) opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Reminds me of the smell of cannabis! It's sickening, horrible taste lately.

I worked in the water treatment industry for a year and haven't touched tap water for drinking since, weird though as it's absolutely fine and I know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

tap water does indeed smell of chlorine a bit too much at times…someone told me a story about extra chlorine in the system because of a dead cow in some reservoir somewhere in the country a few years ago…anyone heard of that too? is it even true?
    who knows what reasons they have to put in extra chlorine this time around…

Advertisement