Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whither the weather?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey all,

I just notched up my third winter in Aus and my first rainy Christmas.

I also went up the coast for some sunny beach time and it was overcast.

j

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

jaarius wrote: »
    I also went up the coast for some sunny beach time and it was overcast.

Ditto, and now I'm back in sunny Melbourne. Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

Hmmm.

I left my umbrella in a trainstation yesterday and it's sunny today. So the top tip of the day is that if you want the weather to be good leave your umbrella in a train station.

j

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Flip side, I went to Tasmania from 26th to 1st, and had stunning, glorious, stone-splitting weather for the duration of my stay. There was a massive thunderstorm on NYE, but it stopped and dried up in time for the fireworks.

Rain is good. Rain this late into summer is good. Especially when it's the sort of rain that comes in heavy, day-long storms that soak the place. Means we might not be quite as bad a tinderbox by the end of the third week of January...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Flip side, I went to Tasmania from 26th to 1st, and had stunning, glorious, stone-splitting weather for the duration of my stay. There was a massive thunderstorm on NYE, but it stopped and dried up in time for the fireworks.

Rain is good. Rain this late into summer is good. Especially when it's the sort of rain that comes in heavy, day-long storms that soak the place. Means we might not be quite as bad a tinderbox by the end of the third week of January...

I wasd in Tassie too for the same time, amazing weather and even cold enough at night for a duvet - well at least for Qlders like me !

I missed all the rain and humidity up in Brizzie, I have had 3 chrimbosd here and always humid grey, damp and a bit miserable.

I have been to Tassie twice in late Dec and alway glorious, I may go again.

PS the taste fest is highly recommended and the Falls fest aint too shabby either.

Advertisement