Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what insurance company???

• 04-01-2010 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Trying to find out what insurance company, deals with provisional licence/big bike (600) restricted. My mate (36) is ringing around and no joy. saying must be 250cc restricted and won't go any higher. any others out there with the same problem, or even someone who is riding a bike big (restricted ) and on a privy.. maybe it's just a way of the insurance company writing their own rules....is it not a law that they HAVE to insure you, the quote maybe high but they still must quote...because if they don't quote ya were all going to be on 125cc soon.

L8r

Ducatifan749

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Try Quinn Direct.

If he gets written refusals for three quotes from three different companies he can provide the written refusals to the first company and they must insure him by law - they'll probably charge him a bucket load though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Try quinn.

I'm on a bandit 600 on a provisional, its pricey though.

I'm 24 it was €1100 fully comp.

if its a super sports bike(cbr,r6,zz6r etc) you've very little chance of getting a quote easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I had my SV on a provie when I was 24 @ €800 per year without NCD.

Now i've my full & it's only €350 quid or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Im insured with quinn.

Im driving a bandit 600 on a learner permit with fully comp insurance.
    It cost me €920 for insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

goodlad wrote: »
    Im insured with quinn.

Im driving a bandit 600 on a learner permit with fully comp insurance.
    It cost me €920 for insurance.

sounds like they screwed me for the extra's on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

First time, 650cc Kawa Er-6n in Dublin for 1200 fully comp with Quinn at 24.

This year I'm looking at 550 fully comp on renewal, going to shop around though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Lads the best thing you can do is complete the Quinn or Aon assessment, it's only 200 quid but it takes upto 40% off your insurance. Only costs 200 quid and you make instant savings

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Slaacer

Hi I started on a 500cc scooter with no problem on provisional with AON providing I passed the AON assessment level 4 first. I then moved on a 620cc multistrada restricted and no problem either. As far as I remember it is based on the power to weight ratio as one of the main element so if you have a transalp 650 like a friend of mine the insurance didn't even asked him to have it restricted but if you go for a racing type 250cc you'll find it impossible to find an insurer who will insure you on a provisional.

I am now with CN since I am on a full unrestricted license as they were brilliant and it saved me money.

I found it very useful to do training and assessments to improve my riding skills and not only to cut the insurance premium. so it's worth considering.

Advertisement