Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinister element

• 04-01-2010 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I recently heard a disturbing rumour that their is a group of people,sinister and menacing as they are, going around and targeting certain people in the community who they deem to be undesirable i.e outspoken free thinking individuals(which is a rarity these days in this town),and through vicious lies and gossip destroying their reputations and forcing them into a life of social isolation.The perpetrators come from all walks of life and are organised.If you are born and bread in this town you will know that once you have become marginalised you then become a victim of verbal abuse,common assault and inevitably physical assault.
    I would appreciate any positive fed back on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

call the guards or get legal advice. or both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

call the guards or get legal advice. or both.

I don't think the OP was talking about a specific case, moreso something which may be happening throughout the country.

Personally, I can't imagine groups of normal people meeting up to discuss which free thinking individuals lifes they should ruin next. Not to mention that forcing such people into social isolation would be more detrimental due to the internet. If you're forced into such social isolation, you'd be able to spread your ideas even further with the internet.

While some people may joke about outspoken individuals behind their backs (due to a difference of belief or whatever), I'd seriously doubt such things are organised and planned. Let's face it, everyone in this country makes fun of everyone else

EDIT: Actually, I see the OP had said "in this town" once or twice in his post, so perhaps he is talking about a specific case. Could you provide more information OP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

History shows that that is freqent method of control used before the final closing down of all debate . Examples would be Hitler and the Nazi regime.They beat up on any non nazi
    Cant say I know of any large agenda in Ireland .

There was the vote yes goon squad but they seem to have gone to ground after the government stuffed the ballot boxes

Best I seen to date as a non AGW religion follower that a contant barrage of denailists mantra follow me in the event such as if I go some party where the Green types are in big enough numbers .The new version of the reds just a different color

Some keep Irish race pure types very much a small group have given me mild grief as I have been less keen on this policy especially if the girls are drop dead gorgous eastern europe gals.

Then there is the Sienners who are really weird group at the best of times. Certian places like whole estates are thier stamping ground .

Thats not counting the weird religions that have as the agenda if your not one of them your the enemy who they have the right to kill and maim.

Then there is free masions and ilumantii in many countries which are immune from normal laws as they own and control the country and police force examples are the UK

Then there is multi nationals which can employ goon squad jack boots in small towns and run riot in that region and sometimes in small countries can run riot in the whole country.
    Shell in the west employs a goon basher squad from blackwater or similar that attack and sink trawlers and intimade the locals there .
    There are many more than that

Finaly there is good old clique system rampant in small towns or school or similar

Not sure which one OP means

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

I think we all get a certain amount of marginalisation/abuse if we're outspoken about certain things, but from my personal experience this appears to have decreased - it wasn't that long ago I'd get a huge amount of grief, both verbal and in a couple of instances physical, for even pointing out the blatant discrepancies in the 'official' 9/11 conspiracy theory - whereas now many of those very people have done a complete 180 turn around.

Funny enough, especially after Ireland lost to the 'Hand of Frog' fiasco...

But that's only my experience, so far. Looking back at history, it would be naive not to be wary of the hired goon-squad scenario the OP is suggesting.

If that's the case in your town Jamie, I'd suggest getting together with other people who've had simular expiriences and organise a meeting about it - in public. Show a united front, even if it's only a handfull of ye's to begin with. Don't be afraid, expose them - darkness runs from the light. But either way, get together on this and support each other. Network, as much as you can, and in other towns too. There are far more good people around than not, you'd be surpised. If some kinda organised (and presuambly paid?) group's tagetting free-thinkers and the like, overall it is a good sign - when they can no longer divide us and have us at our own throats, it means tptb are on the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I recently heard a disturbing rumour that their is a group of people,sinister and menacing as they are, going around and targeting certain people in the community who they deem to be undesirable i.e outspoken free thinking individuals(which is a rarity these days in this town),and through vicious lies and gossip destroying their reputations and forcing them into a life of social isolation.The perpetrators come from all walks of life and are organised.If you are born and bread in this town you will know that once you have become marginalised you then become a victim of verbal abuse,common assault and inevitably physical assault.
    I would appreciate any positive fed back on this.

It sounds likely and it sounds unlikely.
    Without any specific information how is it possible to comment on this?

You could be talking about IRA, UDA, the Police, the Catholic Church, ferral teenagers or even making up your own imaginary groups like the "space monsters".

• Advertisement
Advertisement