Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull game - trains off, taxi share

Options
  • 04-01-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Lads, know there were quite a few travelling in and out for Hull game on 16/01. There are no trains running from stansted due to upgrade works. I initially thought the standard line would be running but its not.

For people on the 08.10 flight Dub stansted, returning 20.05 stansted - dub

Looking to get names of people wanting to share taxi to and from the airport. If I can get 7 names an 8 seater will cost £78 e/w so £156 or 19.50 each. Will take from 45 mins to an hour to get to WHL and an hour to get back. I have done this several times when train isnt running and found it most convienient way.

Your other option is to get the bus to Liverpool st 1 hr and then a train to WHL, with waiting for trains etc this normally takes about 1 hr 45 mins. This can leave it very tight esp on the way back with trying to get on trains at WHL.

Anyone interested let me know and I will sort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I have to blow this one out Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I have to blow this one out Mark.

Pity Ronan, sure we'll catch up again at some stage.

Lads, even if we only have 4 it works out at 23 each which is not bad considering the hassle it saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

we are on the same flights so i will take you up on two of those seats if they are still available, let you know for definite tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hi Mark, I am on the 8.25 flight from Shannon returning flight at 20.00 that night. I don't know if this can work because of possible flight delays and stuff, what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

car rental?
    i now it means no drink but anoher option.

any one have any prices on cars???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Got a quote of about £31 from Thrifty for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

you can put me down for two mark:)
    so another 4 an were sorted!
    hopefully it will be a repeat of the demolishing in the KC stadium:D

keane=cock wrote: »
    car rental?
    i now it means no drink but anoher option.

any one have any prices on cars???

I plan on having a good few meeting up with mates so a no go for me, but defo an option to consider.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Hi Mark, I am on the 8.25 flight from Shannon returning flight at 20.00 that night. I don't know if this can work because of possible flight delays and stuff, what you think?

Alright Donal,
    Wont book the taxi unti next Wed or so, At the moment I have possible 6

Mullo
    Stedub * 2
    Emoran * 2
    Kingdomyid?

possible that flight delays etc could mess you up. Wont be an issue coming back though. What we could do dependant on numbers I could order a 5 or 6 seater for the way in (they are based in stansted) and when we land we can see what time you are due in at. Sure if its only a few mins sure lads wont mind hanging on but if you have been delayed a good while we can head on, same if you get there a good while before us and dont want to wait you head on by bus I suppose. I will book taxi with seat in for you getting back to airport as thats more time critical. How does that sound for the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

hey, just to confirm i am a definite for 2.

• Advertisement

good stuff, will you pm me your mobile no and I will send you on mine later.
    can meet in the airport bar before we go.

Donal, might have a better option. There are 3 other lads on your flight heading in that were interested in getting a taxi. Guys name is Bud not sure if you met him before but he goes over a bit.

If I put him in touch with you then the 4 of you could get a taxi on the way in and jump in with us coming back (think two of his mates are staying there)

Let you know later.

Cheers Mark, both options sound good and as you say the taxi back to stansted is more critical. I don't mind if i have to get the bus in but if there are other lads on the shannon flight it could be a good option too. Should i pm you my mobile sometime today?

Yes please do mate and I will send on mine. If you get a taxi with the other lads on the shannon flight it might work better. I will book both taxis and pass on your number.

Let me contact other lad first and confirm and I will get back to you

cheers

Rights lads think we are sorted.

There are 5 coming from Dublin

Mullo
    Stedub * 2
    EMoran * 2

2 from Shannon
    Kingdomyid
    Bud

Dublin flight lands at 9.25, shannon flight lands at 9.50
    if its ok with the Dublin lads we will wait for the two from Shannon, we can have a pint in O'neills in arrivals while we wait. We should still be at WHL for about 11.00 - even if you bus it you would prob still be closer to 12.00 again you reach the lane.

Taxi will cost £78 each way so just under 22.50 return.

In saying this if either group land and the other is delayed by more than say 30 mins and they should head on via bus or taxi whichever works best, we'll have to judge this on the day and make our mind up then. Main thing is we will still have taxi for the way home.

If anyone has issues with this let me know otherwise I will take this as the plan and book taxi next week. Lets hope this poxy weather picks up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 snikwad

Hi. New to this, Travelling with my 13 year old for the match on Saturday on 8.10am flight also and would like to know more info regarding the taxi share! Not too happy with the alternative journey times. Hope you have room. Thanks. Please reply a.s.a.p. Much appreciated. Snikwad

snikwad wrote: »
    Hi. New to this, Travelling with my 13 year old for the match on Saturday on 8.10am flight also and would like to know more info regarding the taxi share! Not too happy with the alternative journey times. Hope you have room. Thanks. Please reply a.s.a.p. Much appreciated. Snikwad

Sure we can sort something. At the moment there are 7 of us and think the biggest they do is 8 seater. If we do a 5 and a 4 seater I can get it for roughly same price. 2 cars will cost 92 so lets say 10.50 each.

Can you pm me your number asap and I will give you a shout. Are you coming back tomorrow night also? I need to book these after lunch.

snikwad wrote: »

I am going to have to book this taxi now, will pm you my mobile and if you give me a buzz in the airport will be there from about 7.30 I will see if we can sort something. Going to call cab company now and see what options there are.

cheers
    Mark

Would just like to say it was a good day out on saturday and thank you Mark for arranging the travel. Shame about the result but at least it was a good day and everything went to plan even though the taxi driver drove us around in a circle on the way home :D

Would just like to say it was a good day out on saturday and thank you Mark for arranging the travel. Shame about the result but at least it was a good day and everything went to plan even though the taxi driver drove us around in a circle on the way home :D

Agree Donal was a great day bar the result. Great meeting some of the lads off here and I am sure the lads there will agree we all enjoyed our few pints in the Bill Nic before the game.;););).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

yeah fair play mark for sorting things out! our own little travel agent:D
    yeah shame about the result but thats football we draw against hull and now we'll end up beating pool on wednesday!
    if only the pubs in dublin were like the bill nics of london!
    wouldnt be able to get me out of the place;) haha
    lookin forward to the next trip:D

COYS

Advertisement