Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just ordered 30Mb BB from UPC

• 04-01-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Well I've gone and done it. Switched from Eircom (after maybe 6/7 years) BB to UPC 30mb. Self install (additional €10 off the first month ), no phone service and should (fingers crossed) be up and running end of the week.

On a side note - anyone know where I can get homeplugs in Dublin? I need to link the bb router to another server upstairs. Hope this will all work nicely with xbox live or the kids will kill me.

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

PCWorld will probably have them or you could try Elara Online (www.elara.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

elderlemon wrote: »
    Hope this will all work nicely with xbox live or the kids will kill me.

It works great , I have the kids 360 set up with homeplugs ( 200mbs ) and xbox live works perfectly as does sky player .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Cheers. Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

elderlemon wrote: »
    Well I've gone and done it. Switched from Eircom (after maybe 6/7 years) BB to UPC 30mb. Self install (additional €10 off the first month ), no phone service and should (fingers crossed) be up and running end of the week.

On a side note - anyone know where I can get homeplugs in Dublin? I need to link the bb router to another server upstairs. Hope this will all work nicely with xbox live or the kids will kill me.

thanks,

did you order online or over the phone?
    I can't see a self install option in the online made to measure options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 burkeie

Ordered it on phone only 2 hours ago, no change in terms or cost to my existing contract, only resets the clock on the 12 month contract.

The minute i plugged out modem and turned it back on the speed increase was there.

Getting about 26.5mb download and 2.4 upload on avg. Considering its always a little slower during the day time, the speed should increase later on tonight. have seen it go to 28.5 and 2.7 the odd test.

speedtest image attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Simon201

Ha ha!.... love the blurb on the 30mb page

"Suitable for: anyone who downloads large files, challenges other gamers around the world, and busy homes as our FREE wireless router lets more than one person go online at a time"

lol....as if people haven't been able to do that for, what? ten years or more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I just called them up and ordered it - they said self install was "available in my location" and was I ok with that.

did you order online or over the phone?
    I can't see a self install option in the online made to measure options.

Advertisement